akc Guest

Default Bag for DD to take to her "2-day 2's" nursery school

Hi -

My DD is going to a "2-day twos" nursery school program this year (2 1/2 hours on two days a week), and they asked us to send a bag with them with a change of clothes, extra pull ups, etc. I'm not sure if they would send something home in her bag in the 2s program - I kind of doubt it. Their hand-drawn or painted pictures would be big and any important forms they'll hand to me, right?

I'm trying to pick something that she'll learn to take with her and carry herself as she progresses in the year. Plus, I don't want it to become a nightmare of disorganization.

So, for those in the know, what would you think about the options below?

I like the Lilpack - the stuffed one that has compartments - would keep it easy for me and her teachers. Plus, she can carry it. The Curious George that we already own is adorable, but I'm a little nervous about everything just stuffed in there.

Or, do you recommend something with more structure?

Thx in advance!
    Alexa

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10905.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10906.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10907.jpg

mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: Bag for DD to take to her "2-day 2's" nursery school

Honestly...our preschool prefers plain canvas totes(that can be customized for/by the child with fabric paint)with a gallon sized baggie to hold their emergency stuff. They like that type of bag because there are no snaps, buttons, zippers, etc and the opening is large enough to hold large pieces of artwork without too much folding. They also discourage brand name or character styled bags as the kids end up focusing too much on the new Pretty Pony bag and are slow to put their stuff away at the beginning of the day. I, too, wanted a really cute bag, but sometimes their artwork isn't dry and paint gets everywhere. The cute backpack is in the closet and she now takes along a $5 tote from Michaels. HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

newbelly2002 Guest

I agree with Rose. The way our preschool requested it was a canvas bag that stays there with a change of clothes (and I throw in a sweatshirt in case it gets cold). Then Dante has his own little backpack in which I place a straw sippy of water, a fist-sized Lovey, and sometimes a hat each morning. A diaper would easily fit in there as well. I like the backpack becuase it's made of a very light nylon which he can carry himself. He goes *everywhere* with this backpack now and it really helped him transition to school. Like Maeve, he's 24 months but very independant, and his school is from 9-1, 5 days a week.

Here's a photo of his "backpackback" (as he says), although the one we have is blue.

http://www.12shopping.de/kbp-84381.html

Good luck in school!

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Target has some really cute tiny backpacks in the purse section. They aren't like the usual 'purse backpacks,' though, they have small padded straps and a padded back, just like a big one. Perfect for toddlers! They come in pink/orange/turquoise (and one other color I think) with light grey trim.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Lilpack is cute, but is it washable? I'd worry about that. We either use a small tote or a little froggy backpack from Target. The backpack is adorable and just the right size for a toddler. It's made of backpack nylon, so it's washable. It doesn't have the same neat pockets as the Lilpack, though.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

DeborahM Guest

OMG - that is sooo cute! Where did you get it?

Deborah
    Mom to Thomas and baby Rachel

newbelly2002 Guest

Hi Deborah-
    Our babysitter picked it up for Dante but I think she got it at KDW here in Berlin, Germany. The character is Felix and is quite popular so my guess is he has probably made it to the States as well. I'd start with ebay and take it from there.

Good luck!

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02