Default Preschool snack ideas

Next week is our first time for bringing a "regular" snack to preschool. (We brought birthday goodies on the first day, the day before DS's birthday) There is one boy with serious allergies, and he has yet to be able to have the same snack as everyone else. His mom provides extra snacks for him just in case, but I'd love to have him feel included for once. School requires somewhat healthy snacks, kitchen for prep or cleanup is not easily available but can be gotten to. Add restrictions on peanuts and dairy for DS's friend, and I'm stuck. I'm amazed how many things I've thought of that have things like powdered milk in them that he can't have (TONS of crackers, etc.) Any ideas?
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: Preschool snack ideas

How about fruit salad or cut up veggies?

OOoooo! How about cut up apples or bananas with yogurt dip(Dixie cups half full)? My kids eat soy yogurt and it doesn't look at all different than regular yogurt. You'd only need to buy one small tub of the soy yogurt and then regular for everyone else and it wouldn't break the bank! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

Default RE: Preschool snack ideas

I hadn't even thought of going the soy route...that starts all kinds of new options! Thanks!
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07