Default Homeschooling Curriculum for pre-school?

We are planning to homeschool in the fall our dd who will be entering the 1st grade. DS is 3. Do I try to get him involved in an age appropriate curriculum or do I just keep him busy with activity? I have a list of objectives for him and am comfortable winging it a bit. DD will be using a curriculum (most likely Abeka www.abeka.com ) and they do have a nursery curriculum available. I also have tons of pre-k and kindergarten workbooks that I can pull stuff from. Any homeschoolers? What do you do with younger kids while teaching older ones?

TIA~ :-)
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Default RE: Homeschooling Curriculum for pre-school?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I did remember a thread about homeschooling pre-schoolers. Here it is:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

raynjen Guest

Default RE: Homeschooling Curriculum for pre-school?

I haven't responded yet because we only have the one - 3 1/2 year old, not two. We are "homeschooling" her using the Sonlight Pre-K. If you go to the Sonlight Forumns the Pre-K section is the second from the top and they discuss a TON of options for younger siblings (and 90% of them are NOT Sonlight, so don't think I'm trying to sell you on it!) I have no experience with them, but the ones I see mentioned most are (and I think I have the names right) Before the Fives, and Letter of the Week. I believe both programs have websites associated with them.

We really like our program, but I have increased the pace a bit and added another two workbooks as my daughter is always begging for more. From what I read it seems to depend on the child, Noelle is my only and she can't seem get enough of "school" activities. One of the things I liked about the Sonlight Pre-K program is that they include a lot of those things that we tend to forget (learn how to water plants, learn how to pour a pitcher, learn a song a week) or that sometimes fall by the wayside. Other folks might find it overkill, but for me and my daughter it works!

Hope this helps, sorry for the delay!

Jen