Default Nursery School Question

Has anyone out their started their 2 yr. old in nursery for the first time? My dd will be starting nursery school when she is 2 and just want to hear from others out their about how many days a week their child went and how long it took for your child to adjust. I am REALLY concerned that my dd won't nap at school because she has always only napped at home. Just feels a little weird sending my dd off to school while she is still sleeping in a crib and is in diapers.

DanielleGuidry Guest

Default RE: Nursery School Question

Mine went to Mothers Day Out twice a week. I am a stay-at-home Mom and mine too only slept in their bed before going to "school" too. My kids never had problems sleeping on a mat....they actually liked it. The peer pressure from the other kids that were used to the routine made my kiddos just follow the crowd!

Now it did take two days of crying 10 minutes after I left before my first child would "shove me out the door". Now my kids ask me every day if "today is school day?" because they love to socialize so much with the other kids.

My MDO is only from 9-2 though.

What time is your preschool?

The pre-school would be from 9-2, 2 days a week. We had our DD in an MDO from 6-9 months, but took her out because she wouldn't nap and was so distressed when she got home. I am hoping that nursery school won't be a repeat of MDO. You mentioned your kids are in a MDO, do you live in TX? That's the only place I have lived that has MDO. We live in North TX.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's a much longer day than my preschool offered for 2 year olds (we didn't start till ds was 3yo). Our school does 2 days a week 9-11:30. It seems to work very well for the little ones- enough time to be independent and socialize with their peers but they were home in plenty of time for nap time.

Just work with your child and the school. If she doesn't seem ready then maybe you can find a different (shorter) program, dleay the start till midway through the year, see about picking her up at lunch time instead or just do what you need to the first few weeks if she has trouble separating. I know at our school there have been parents that have stayed in the room for the first month of school till their child was ready for separation and I have known parents who decided to give up till a later date. Most kids do pretty well though.

MDO or Moms Morning Out is offered all over the country, btw. :)

Beth