Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: CHERYL

You're welcome. We really want to take another one when ds is a bit older. When we went prior to having a child we had a wonderful time and could see the children were having a great time too. The wonderful thing about the Disney cruise was with the family, kid, and adult-only areas if you didn't have a child with you, you almost never even saw children on the cruise. :-) When we did see them though it was quite evident they were having a great time. Anyway, maybe in the future ...

JustMare Guest

Default RE: BEING CHARGED

What I meant by "being charged" is that on a Disney Cruise an infant regardless of age pays a third passenger fare. That could be up to $1,000 for an INFANT!!!

We took DS on the Norweigan Dawn when he was 7 months and they charge children under 3 taxes and port charges. He cost us $64. To me that's reasonable for an infant.

I believe Royal Carribean has the same policy for children as well.

I wouldn't take a child on Disney cruise until their 3 and get their money's worth out of the cruise!

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: BEING CHARGED

>What I meant by "being charged" is that on a Disney Cruise an
    >infant regardless of age pays a third passenger fare. That
    >could be up to $1,000 for an INFANT!!!
    >
    >We took DS on the Norweigan Dawn when he was 7 months and they
    >charge children under 3 taxes and port charges. He cost us
    >$64. To me that's reasonable for an infant.
    >
    >I believe Royal Carribean has the same policy for children as
    >well.
    >
    >I wouldn't take a child on Disney cruise until their 3 and get
    >their money's worth out of the cruise!

Actually this isn't true. If you go to http://disneycruiseline.com/
    and check out their rates their charges are double occupancy per stateroom, with a 3rd, 4th, & 5th passenger rate. For the 4-day cruise children under three are $99 and for the 7-day cruise under three is $139. Ages 3-12 start at $329 for the 4-day cruise, and $399 for the 7-day cruise.

LaurelC is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: BEING CHARGED - Not true

We went on a seven day Western Caribbean cruise on Disney Cruise Line. You only have to pay port charges for a child under 3. I think that it was around $100, not exactly sure though.

You DO have to pay for the babysitting in Flounder's Reef Nursery (only children age 3 and potty trained are allowed in the kids club.) It was $6 per hour, and well worth it, IMO.
    Laurel, Mom to Madeline 5/21/04 and Joseph 4/10/07

JustMare Guest

Default RE: BEING CHARGED - Not true

Okay, maybe it's different for the seven day than the land/sea combo. They wanted to charge my 7 month old $1,000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2