Default Stroller with HIGHER weight limit for Disney trip

I am planning a trip to Disney and want to bring a umbrella type stroller that would be easy to use on/off the buses. Are there any other strollers out there besides Maclarens (weight limit 55 lbs)?

Yesterday, I went to BRU to look at the Triumph and Quest. I was undecided between them. The Quest was nice and the seat seemed waterproof, but I like the carry strap on the Triumph versus the handle on the Quest. The Triumph seat doesn't feel waterproof and I don't know if that will be a problem because we are starting potty training. What do you think? Any other comments or suggestions welcome?

JustMare Guest

Default RE: Stroller with HIGHER weight limit for Disney trip

Does your child nap in the stroller? I brought my DS to WDW when he was 11 months and took his Zippy it was perfect. Easy fold for buses and boats, plus he napped often in it. We're going back there this Dec and I'm taking the Quest this time. I like that the Quest is lighter than the Zippy but it reclines and he naps well in it.

I do have to use my ankle weights on the Quest. It's way to tipsy for me. I like to hang things off the handle bars.

The one good thing about using a Maclaren in WDW, you will lug less stuff with you. Not only do you need to empty the basket to fold the stroller, but you need to go through security check at each park. You will not pack as much as you think, trust me!

I do recommend getting the Maclaren Organizer to hang on the back of the stroller. That you can fill and will not effect the fold of the stroller.

Have a great time!

I'm not on this site often anymore since I started a new travel agency from my home. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me ([email protected]). I specialize in traveling to disneyworld with babies and toddlers.

Mare
    Mom to TJ (2/04)

westgre Guest

I don't have any Macs, but I took DD to Disney in April with a Zippy. I absolutely loved it. So easy to fold to get on and off buses. When folded, it fit in front of our seats, so it didn't block the aisle for other passengers. And it's not that heavy -- at only 16 pounds, I think. Much lighter than DD is now, and I'm used to lugging her around. LOL.

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would look online for whatever you decide. I got an 04 quest for our disnwy trip for 120. BRU will be much more.
    Have fun.

Where did u get the quest from?
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08