Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jennmw Guest

Default Travel bed or bed rails

So, we went to my brothers this past weekend and brought the pack n play for our 2 year old son to sleep in. Well that is the last time for that, he is too big.

So, now this fall we will be traveling a lot and staying in hotels. He is still in his crib at home and aren't sure what to do. I like those travel beds on one step ahead's website but for one he is still in a crib and I'm not sure he'll stay put and they seem narrom he usually ends up sleeping horizontally.

So, we were thinking of getting a couple of those bedrails to bring with us. Anyone have any suggestions?

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Travel bed or bed rails

We're traveling soon and not taking our pnp. DS is also still in his crib. We're hoping the hotel will have one, but if not, we're planning to put DS down on the floor to sleep in a sleeping bag (which I think DH plans to buy there). ACK! I'm a little (lot) worried about this, but figure we'll toddler-proof as best we can (I'll be bringing those plastic inserts for the electrical outlets). We've stayed at a hotel with DS once before as a toddler (had our pnp that time as we drove) and he went to sleep fairly quickly when we turned out the lights and all pretended to go to sleep at his bedtime. Crossing my fingers.

Sorry, not much help am I?
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

jennmw Guest

LOL, thanks for replying. We ended up buying some travel bed rails so we are hoping for the best.

Which rails did you get? I'm not convinced DH's sleeping bag plan is going to work out real well and we'll be traveling for a week so after the first night, I may be searching TRU/BRU/Walmart/etc.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

jennmw Guest

I got the Regalo bed rails at Target, they were 3 inches higher than the others and they come with a travel bag.
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CSEE48

Thanks. I'm printing out the target page to tuck into my suitcase.

Default Have you used the rail yet?

Wondering if you have used the bedrails yet and if so, happy with them?

jennmw Guest

Default RE: Have you used the rail yet?

We bought one and I can tell you that you will not want to take them apart, they are a pain to put together. We left it together and its kind of bulky and akward. We are trying it out this weekend, will let you know.

Thanks, will look for your update.

jennmw Guest

Well it's a no go. They give you a travel bag to put it in but you have to take it apart and it took us forever to put it together. So, we left it together and it was just too awkward. We ended up rolling up blankets to put on the side of him which worked good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast