Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default So, what are your favorite portrait places for your toddler?

Which ones have worked the best for your toddler? I've noticed best for baby, is not best for toddler. LOL.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: So, what are your favorite portrait places for your toddler?

Colin's a fairly new toddler, but we were just as thrilled with Kiddie Kandids at 18 months as we were at 3 months!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sandy123 Guest

We live in the DC area and a wonderful photographer is Carl Cox.
    www.carlcox.com
    He did our wedding and has been taking our family portraits ever since.

We love Portrait Innovations. They are awesome! www.portraitinnovations.com . I love their photos. I just posted some photos we had taken yesterday and Sonia, Martiesmom, had Martie's diaper photo taken there too.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

2KMOMMA Guest

I really think it depends on the personality/temperament of your child, too. We've tried all different places for my almost 3 DD and now my 10 mo. old DD. These two are just not 'good picture kids.' They do not like to have their picture taken, even at home. So, it's always a challenge for us, no matter what place we go to. My sister's kids on the other hand, love to ham it up for the camera, and have been 'trained' to do so since birth, and take wonderful portraits.
    But, I would also recommend Kiddie Kandids, as they do a good job and have cute props and backrounds. I also have been liking JC Penney's more recently. They have a new thing called 'WOW' they trained in and are doing some different kinds of shots...check out their website for examples. They have some cute props now too. And, with them, you can't beat the value if you can find a coupon in your paper or a parenting magazine...I got 2 in my last issue of Parenting for no sitting fee, a free 8 X 10 and 3.99 portrait sheets. Beats the prices at Kiddie Kandids. Also, the photographer makes a difference...we've had better luck with those that have a dynamic personality and are QUICK to snap that picture. If you have a good experience with one, get their name and use them again the next time.
    K.L.

AlyssasMommy Guest

We also like the photo studio at Target. However, not all Targets have studios.