Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Professional Photo Increments - aka How Often?

How often do you have your child's photo taken, still?

The first year we did every three months with family photos every 6 (i.e. the 3 month was just Ds, the 6 month some of all of us and some of just him...)

The second year we did every 6 months.

This year...so far just once for his 3 year photos. I was thinking of doing the 3 1/2 but in looking at the 3 year, he doesn't look all that different.

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Default RE: Professional Photo Increments - aka How Often?

I do every 3 months for the first two years and then every 6 months after that. :D I just take them to Penney's tho and buy the package so it only costs me about $8 a time. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We're in the twice a year phase here, one of those times being on/around his birthday. We have too much going on to schedule them more often and have plenty of candids to fill in the blanks.

A friend is doing them once a month with her infant, but she's getting a really good deal from a friend who's a photographer. I'm not sure she'll stay at that pace when he's older :)
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

We did every 3 months the first year, every 6 months the second year and then every year. I was planning to do one at 2.5 years, but it just didn't happen.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

I do an every 3 months for the first year and then only a yearly. I like that because you can really tell how much they've grown and I do it on their birthday, so I don't forget.

Cindy

tigalig Guest

We're currently taking photos every six months until he starts school and then it will be yearly. Because his birthday is in July, we'll still get the school year photo and the birthday portrait.