Thread: Colors

Michigan Mama Guest

Default Colors

I'd love comments on color ideas, combinations, etc. Any and all thoughts welcomed and appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE...

jbeamer Guest

Default RE: Colors

Colors for what rooms? Have you tried Faux techniques? I did ragging off in my kitchen. It gave it a warm, Italian feel. I then decorated with Old World style vases, grapes, vines. Our office is hunter green with black glaze on top. I took a feather duster and dipped it in the black glaze and then "drew" all over the wall. Very rich looking. Our living room is a shade of olive, we have valted ceilings so this makes the room look warm. Our bedroom is a deep purple, again very rich looking. We have a cream bedspread with purple flowers and cream sheer drapes over the windows. I love my room. The dark color works because we have high ceilings in the bedroom. We just had a baby girl and I did her room in a light periwinkle and stenciled a flower/grass/buterfly border and then stamped butterflies above the border all around the room. She loves it! Anyway, we are currently selling our home and our realator like the colors so much he raised the selling price. We have had great comments from the showings. I love painting and trying new things. Let me know what you are thinking about.

PRINCESS_KIM Guest

Home Depot carries Ralph Lauren paint and they offer "texture" mixed in with the paint such as suede, river rock, etc. All you have to do is just paint. I wish I knew this because I just paid someone $3k to texture my entire house and all the guy did was knock down orange peel!

A long time ago, I ran across a book where it tells you the different color selections to achieve a specific result i.e. yellows to be warm, homey feel, etc. I have been looking for it and have not found it. Just off the top of my head, I remembered the book suggesting that to make your house appear to have high ceilings, paint the ceilings white and NOT the same color as your walls.

We just purchased our home and are having the entire place repainted. For $10, I bought the Benjamin Moore color viewer software, where you can take your own digital photos of your house and paint them online. It really helped with my color selections