delzer61 Guest

Default First Time New Homebuilders

Hi,
    My husband and I are in the process of having our first home built. It's about 5 months along with maybe 45 days or so to completion.
    We found your book in Borders a couple weeks ago (wish we had found it about 6 months ago) and it has some very valuable advice to us.
    Just reading it gave us insights into things we've been experiencing and wondering if we were getting a worse deal than others. But after reading the book we found we're not alone there are certain "norms" to the industry. Bad and good.
    In particular, I enjoyed reading the part about how to understand "Builder-speak". It gave me a good laugh because we've had many problems with our builder. (National home production chain)
    Our builder is easy-going and his stock answer is usually "No Problem", as in when we ask him questions about why the house is being built NOT according to the blueprints, etc.
    Now I understand what his "no problem" probably really means! LOL
    Oh well. Live and learn. We may not get the EXACT house we signed for at the redline meeting but we've been vigilant to get it as close as possible to what we want.
    Thanks for providing a helpful book.

Default RE: First Time New Homebuilders

Thanks for reading our book, YOUR NEW HOUSE. We appreciated those kind words----glad you found it useful.

Sounds like you've been on a long journey! We hope it has a happy ending!

Best wishes,
    Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    YOUR NEW HOUSE * BABY BARGAINS