We have a lot on the Carolina Coast and want to build our last house!( Our retirement )
I am European born and I want to build a "French Country style House"
I have done my due diligence on a full time basis for the last 3 months and scanned all the books & the Net for stock plans;with not much success due to the restriction of " Building footprint Size", after the set-back ordained by the Architectural Board.
The Max. footprint = 46'0 X 83'0 it is narrow but it's compensation beautiful surroundings and a back view of the park with a water stream.!

Yesterday, I found the 4th Edition of "Your New house" by accident; it was left on the table where I wanted to have my cup of coffee...!!
It was certainly an Omen,I started to read and read.... bought the book and continue reading at home.

The result I have more fear then ever, to build my house but I am also greatful for the information found in this book, it will be my most important "Resource book" from now on.
From the few stock plans I found that would fit, I would need to make a lot of changes, which I gather would cost me also a pretty penny...
Some plans I realy like and have the name of the Architects but can't find them... ( Anyone know how I can get in touch with Architects: Andy McDonald and Carmichael & Dame Design Group?????

So what to do, can I find an Reasonable Architect in NC and in the area where the Lot is located and who can create me a "French Country House Plan " ????
I have already talked to several Builders in the area who have send me their portofolio; houses they have build, references etc. and told me they can build anything or make change.....!!! We know what the book says....
But before I talk further with them I would of ofcourse need a plan first to get 3-4 bids..

I gather some may feel how frustrated I am getting, but I am also one that doen't give up...
If anyone can give me some suggestions, I will be so greatful.
Anyone has an imput on finding a Architect Student in his last year??

Thanks to all of you, for reading this long email.