Thread: Appliances

nofeea is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Appliances

Part of designing a new living space is deciding on appliances-especially for a kitchen and laundry room. I would love a topic dealing with the gazillion appliance choices!!!! It is totally overwhelming!

PRINCESS_KIM Guest

Default RE: Appliances

There are books from Consumer Reports that are published annually I believe and they offer reviews on all sorts of consumer products beyond appliances. It is worth the investment.

On a side note for those who already know what appliances they want, my suggestion is to go to Sears Retail Outlet Stores. They carry almost new appliances that were cancelled orders, cosmetically damaged, overstocked items from the regular/main store at a fraction of the cost. To double your savings, check with them frequently for their red tag sale where you get to deduct 50% off the original retail price which usually comes out to be an extra $100-$250 below the reduced outlet price.

I found them 2 years ago on a fluke and just learned that they have now branched out to eBAY. Their store name is Sears Regional Outlet Stores and userid is sears_regional_outlet_stores.