Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 4/21

So this week wasn't the greatest for me. I have been fighting a sinus infection. It is mostly gone now. Ended up working out 2 times last week, but that is something! Hope your week was better than mine!!!

Default RE: Posting week 4/21

The only walking I've done this week was at the malls and shopping centers. I haven't gone done any weight wise and I think Martie is going through a growth spurt. It's 5:02 pm and I'm still in my pjs. She's been nursing about every hour to hour and a half. 3 more weeks till my check up though.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

I think walk at the mall counts! I remember when I was BFing and Anthony would go through a growth spurt. It seemed like all I did was nurse, like I was one big boob! You'll both get through it, a little tired maybe though!

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can I join in on the posting of what we have done? I am so disgusted with myself and the weight that I have to lose. After reading some of the posts here about how others are within 3 lbs. of their pre-pregnancey weight (and having to go to Lane Bryant to find something for Easter), I have started walking. I walked last night and tonight for 1.5 miles.

I need to lose 15 lbs to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and before getting pregnant, I needed to lose about 20-30 lbs. So, I would like to post and have some accountability to help me stay focused and on track.

Thanks!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

Welcome Toni!!! You absolutely can join in the posting. It's open to anyone who wants to be included! Encourangement is key to being successful. Walking is a wonderful place to start. Before you know it you will start losing that extra weight. The spring is a great time to get started!!! Look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks, Julie!

I do not like to exercise, but I am determined to do this for myself and the sake of my family. My back and knees hurt from the extra weight. Also, my mom has high blood pressure, as well as my younger brother. I *do not* want to have this happen to me (although I did have high BP during pregnancy and was put on bed rest for the last 2 months).

One of my neighbors runs and was the cross country coach for girls track at a local high school. I've been talking to her and getting tips. My goal is to run in the local 5K race held every year here on the 4th of July (not this year, but next year).

edited to say that it is a 10k race - not a 5k! I'm tired, so I make a lot of mistakes!!

Toni:

Please do join us. Don't feel bad about the extra weight you have to lose. I think I have a little less than 50 pounds to lose to get to what I should've been before I got pregnant. (Can't believe I've said that out loud).

We're here to support you.

Sonia

P.S. I thought I read somewhere that you live in the Triangle area. Is that true? If so we can get together and walk somewhere if you'd like.
    Mommy to M girls

Sonia,

I was supposed to be up there! We live in the Atlanta area. DH had accepted what we thought was a fabulous career opportunity in the triangle area, but the job (read the boss) was horrible. For our mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health DH resigned after being with them only 2 months. We now know that other things were going on, and if DH had known these things, he never would have accepted the job.

DH has a new job now and we are able to stay here and not move. We were looking forward to moving up that way and meeting the mommies I have met on the boards.

Thanks for thinking of me to exercise with!

Take care!

Toni:

I see. So I wasn't going crazy completely. :) Well just know that I'll exercise with you in spirit.

I'm going to be in Atlanta (actually Newnan and Peachtree City) over the 4th of July weekend to be in a wedding. Ick. I've got a bridesmaid dress that I need to fit into by then. It's coming this week so we'll see how that goes!

Sonia
    Mommy to M girls

Annette_C Guest

Hi girls!
    My update for last week is that I worked out 5 times. I guess you would consider that good but the problem is that you can't lose weight by just working out...you need to diet also!
    For some weird reason (maybe not so weird), I'm not ready to give up "treats" and that's my downfall.
    I hope that with summer coming, I'll get better motivated to diet.

Julie,
    I hope you feel better. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

Sonia,
    You can do it! After my first two kids I had to lose 40 lbs and did it! Kept it off for 20 years! If only I had that same determination now...:)

Toni,
    So glad to see you here! I've been meaning to e-mail you to ask how things are going but never seem to get around to it. Sorry.
    I've been thinking of you, though. :)
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast