Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default New Clothes? ???

When did you thow in the towel and start buying new clothes if your pre-pregnancy stuff didn't fit? I lost all but 10lbs already, so I can't complain too much (all the 10 I have left looks like more!). But none of my clothes fit me other than maternity and sweats! I guess all of the weight is localized to my tummy so my pants just won't button. My shirts are fine but not with maternity pants since most of my non-maternity tops dont cover the maternity panel/elastic band well.

I hate to spend money, but really, when will I be fitting into them again? I can't keep wearing the same outfits-especially when I return to work.

The bulk of the weight came off on its own, I guess the last 10 I have to wwork for. I have never been one to diet or excersize much and it hasn't been a problem...until now! I started doing sit-ups/crunches which isn't enough but all I've been able to commit to for now. I guess I better get my butt in gear......

Urrgh. The joys of motherhood

:)
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: New Clothes? ???

Get some new clothes!!! You may have 10 lbs left but trust me some normal fitted pants makes one feel much more confident than maternity and sweats! You have a figure now!, flant it! It may not be completely back to order but who says you can't be cute even with 10 more lbs. And it should help you want to get into you're old stuff when you see you can be cute! Just don't toss out the old clothes you use to fit in, then you are giving up! GO FOR THE GOLD! If money really is an issue go to Target or even resale for some new stuff to hold you over.

-JulieL
    mama of Anthony 3/23/02

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Um, I already have... just a few pieces to get me by until my regular clothes fit. Plus, my pre-preg clothes were mostly office wear and I'm not going to wear dress pants just to get them spit upon.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Magda Guest

I went out right away (about 2 weeks after DS was born). Just a pair of jeans and a few pairs of shorts (it was June). It made me feel better, and you look slimmer in clothes that fit properly.

Elaine

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just went out and bought two pairs of jeans, my son is 7 weeks. I waited until I got down to 10 lbs over. I realized that on the "way up" when I was this weight my "fat jeans" fit, just barely, but I could still get my butt into them. There is no way I could wear them now, so obviously this fit thing is more than scale weight related. I can tell you how GOOD it feels to where jeans without a maternity panel! Besides, my maternity stuff was falling off of me.

I just try to keep thinking of the 35 lbs I lost and not the 10 lbs I got left. Besides, everyon tells me I won't lose the last 10 until I stop breast feeding.

I'm just waiting for the snow to melt so I can start walking with the baby!

Jeanne

twinsmommy627 Guest

ladies,

I can make you all feel better ~ I had twins. Even though I am only about 10 or less lbs from starting weight, I swar these babies stretched my insides to the max! My tummy is like a big spare tire! oh well....I'm still working on it. :)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Colin is just over 5 months old, and I have 3 pounds left to lose (then another 15-20) and today, for the first time in over a year, I wore my pre-pregnancy jeans! I had bought a few pairs of pants to tide me over, but tops are as much of a problem with these huge nursing b--bs! (We won't talk about the loose, flabby tummy...)

I am exclusively bf'ing, so hoping to lose another 10 when I wean - although that doesn't look to be any time soon!

I've been told - it takes 9 months to put on that weight, so allow 9 months to take it off. Depressing, huh?
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mam615 Guest

I could have written the exact same post as Lori. Dorothy is 5 months old, and I too have about 3 lbs to go to get back to pre-preg weight, and then would like to lose another 15 or so. Am just now getting back into pre-preg jeans (they are tight though!). Also exclusively bfing.

I bought a couple pair of jeans just before Christmas (2 months after birth) b/c I knew it would be a few months before I could wear pre-preg jeans again. Jeans were the one item I really cared about, so I splurged for a couple pair at the gap. For dressing up, I had a few elastic waist pants I could get into, and just wear a loose blouse (untucked) with.

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

THREE POUNDS LEFT THAT'S GREAT!!! I realize you still want to lose more, but seeing that scale show your weight as it was before you got pregnant is such an awesome feeling of accomplishment. And it is just that an accomplishment! Good for you to keep going on!

-JulieL
    mama to Anthony 3/23/02

mcmorfit Guest

I went out and bought a couple of pairs of pants and then a pair of jeans. After the LONGEST winter, I desperatly needed some new spring clothes. One thing I'm learning about this mother role is that you need clothes that are washable!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast