JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default POSTING WEEKLY RESULTS

How about posting on sunday's what we achieved for the week, workout wise, food wise if you want, and lbs lost or at least not gained. Maybe this will help us all to keep on track.

-JulieL
    mama to Anthony 3/23/02

Default RE: POSTING WEEKLY RESULTS

Hey when are we going to start this? I better get a scale first. I'm happy to report that my swelling has gone done and that my feet actually fit into my flip flops again. Hooray!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sonia,
    We can start this sunday if you want. No one else responded to my inquiry. I am glad your swelling has gone down! It's just the first step of your body going back to the way it once was! Listen, even saying, I walked outside 20 min 2 or 3 times a week is great. The way I figured it, was any way I could get my body moving was a positive thing! Make sure you check with your doctor as what they suggest you should do in the fitness area. Don't go crazy in the beginning. Your body needs time to heal. I really suggest just walking until your 6 weeks post-baby are up, but that's just my 2 cents worth. Back in high school, I thought dieting in rediculous ways (not harmful though). Now I realize that it is proper eating and working out that is the healthy way to do it. I wanted to do this without diet aids (such as slim fast, or pills, or whatever - though I realize these things can help other people, just wasn't for me). And I found this very interesting, a way of thinking I never really thought about; when you lose fat lbs if you incorporate weight training you will gain muscle weight. I with very hard work have lost 18 lbs of fat and gained muscle in the process. I am fitter than I have ever been, except for my stomach. But in time it will be fit as well!!! It took time, since I was BFing, but I have been working out consistantly for 7 months and I look like a total different person. So good luck and hopefully if you and I post on sundays others will too! And congrats once again about your daughter, she is just beautiful!

Julie:

Thanks for the compliment on Martie.

I re-read my instructions from the OB/GYN and it says that I can do prenatal excercises until my 6 week check up, which means I'll walk. After I get the doctors ok, I will start back up with my videos, and I might get some weights to start strength training at home. Our gym membership is up this month, and I'm not going to renew b/c of lack of daycare at gym - so I'll be working out at home.

As far as dieting goes, I'm going to stick with eating healthy until the end of next month in which I'm going to go on Weight Watchers Nursing Moms program. I was on WW before and had good success, and its basically eating healthier.

My homework for now: purchase scale. I was so dissapointed at hospital when I weighed in after birth and I was still over the 200 lb. mark.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls