JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Cellulite Reduction???

I have to be completely honest, since I was pregnant, my cellulite issues worsened. With my weight training, I know by keeping messurements that my thighs have lost fat. But I don't know if it will ever really diminish with hard work. Lord knows I have been working towards it all year! Anyone else out there with this problem? I swear sometimes I think I will never wear shorts again! Though I would say I am fit, years of not being fit I think caught up with me. So this was kinda hard for me to admit. I saw in Shape magazine there is a new book No More Cellulite which has tips to help diminish it( gonna get it!). I have heard it never goes completely away. I just want to look decent enough to not feel horrified in shorts. Ok so this was my honest moment. But seeing the posting a while back on stretch marks and the honest remarks there I thought I would give this one a try. Sometimes I think I am the only one with this problem. I am a size 7, not fat or overweight, but still for years I have had this problem. Anyone else here with me??? Any tips??? I have tried creams, no help! Well there it is in writing, I've got cellulite and I hope I make it go away. Would love to hear your thoughts. ---JulieL: mama to Anthony 3/23/02

celfsh Guest

Default RE: Cellulite Reduction???

Okay, stupid question but what exactly do you mean when you say "cellulite"? Are you talking about what my brothers so delicately refer to as "cottage cheese" :(?

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02

See already I am jealous, you don't even know what it is, meaning you probably don't have it. Ya, it is so nicely called cottage cheese look. It's when the skin on top is bumpy, not a nice look, and not soothe. Some women get it on the hips, thighs, butt, or all the above. I always think others are judging me by it, that I am unhealthy or lazy. I am neither, but alas it clings like no other! So hope that answers your question. Though often I wonder if it looks worse to me from my perspective straight above or if it looks that way to others as well. Sigh.......if there only were a mircle diet pill, a cellulite exterminator, a wrinkle killer and shot to make us all gorgous. Ahh to no avail.

-JulieL
    mama to Anthony 3/23/02

Just messured myself, I am now my goal of size 6!...but I still have cellulite. Is this fair? NO!!! I really hope I am not alone in this! I started jogging again, so maybe that will help with losing overall fat. I hope. Would like to have lean thighs!!! Does anyone else wish for the day that they can really see the light of day between you thighs when standing??? I know I can't wait. I think I see a little between them, sigh....

-JulieL
    mama to Anthony 3/23/02

Annette_C Guest

Julie,
    Congratulations on achieving your goal! I'm jealous!:)
    I've been trying to lose 10 lbs for 8 mo. now...with no success!
    I read in one of my health and fitness magazines that, sometimes, cellulite is hereditary. When that's the case, it's much harder to fight. The best cure has always been diet and exercise.
    I never had cellulite before (I worked out regularly for over 20 yrs) but after gaining these 10 lbs., I'm noticing a beginning of it on my thighs (and I still work out everyday!).
    I think you're probably seeing it worse than it is, though. I know I'm my worst critic and people like you and I that care about being fit and to look our best are harder on ourselves than others would be.
    What does your DH think? Maybe he can give you an honest opinion...ok...maybe not too honest if it would hurt your feelings but it would still be a different opinion.
    I think you should concentrate on the positive: be proud that you're taking care of yourself and that you're fit.
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

THANKS!!! Ya, I am my biggest critic. I should just count my blessings that I am fit and probably in the best shape ever. I don't intend to stop being fit so maybe overtime my BMI (body mass index) will go down.

-JulieL
    mama to Anthony 3/23/02

celfsh Guest

Julie,

I just wanted to echo what Annette said. I'm sure you are being way too hard on yourself. I do the same thing...why is it so much easier to focus on the negative rather than on the positive? It sounds like you are doing great--congratulations on getting down to a size 6! I am sure you look fabulous and FEEL even better, which I think is the most important thing of all.

I really admire you and all the other mommies who are eating right and working out on a regular basis. Thanks for inspiring me to do better!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02