JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 6/23

So this week I did...nothing. Yep, sorry to admit this gals but I didn't do a darn thing. For some reason I was sssoooooo tired last week. So I vow to make up for it this week. We are crazy busy getting ready to move. We start moving in two weekends. We should be completely moved in by 7/20. I was so excited, we are finally going to be able to paint our apartment. We have always lived with white. Well no more!!! I am pretty sure we are going to live at this new apartment for 4 years, at least 2 (we signed a 2 year lease). I told DH if we couldn't get a house till we were 28 then by golly I was going to have painted walls. The landlord has workedd with us on this and I am very excited. My purse if full of swatches, SWATCHES, it's such a wonderful word!!! Ok I am going WAY off the deep end here.

I did try August Mom's receipe for Pork Loin w/Roasted Peppers and Penne. It was a hit, quite yummy. I recommend it!

Look forward to hearing from all of you!

Default RE: Posting week 6/23

I did better this week, I went to Curves three times even though it meant getting up early on Saturday to go and taking the baby with me. I have been back on track with Atkins, except one day this week when we went shopping and ate fast food. Yeah I could have had a salad at McDonalds but I went for the burger instead and I ate the bun too. After that I figured what the heck and had ice cream later that day. But that was only one day. It's really hard to eat right when I am home all day, because the bad stuff is so easy to grab. I am slowly getting it all out of the house, so that will help.

I am concerned that I can't lose weight while breastfeeding. It's probably too soon to make that prediction, but I have been mostly back on track with Atkins for 3 weeks now and have not lost a pound after losing the 3 I had gained. I am still 9 pounds up from my prepregnancy weight, and I am afraid that is where I am stuck. I have 40 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight, I can't be stalled here!

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

I am 10lbs from my pre preg. weight however I'm stll 35 lbs away from goal weight, so I hear ya Karen. I'm on weight watchers and i've seen other nursing mom get close to goal weight. Will weight come off easier after we start giving solids? I need to work out more too, I've gotten flabby. :(

Hope everyone else has been doing great!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

> Will weight come off easier after we start giving
    >solids?

I hope so. I'm also hoping that once the hormones start to diminish at 4 months or so that my body will let some weight go. I know I am eating enough calories, so it has to be the hormones.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

All right, I've decided I need to come play here too. I need the accountability, so you guys are now my judge and jury! Thanks a lot, you guys! :)

I started with the "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd on Thursday. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I did one mile each day, then I rested on Monday. Wow, I just realized that that's four miles! Go me. :)

I'm not really concentrating on what I eat, mostly because I tend to take it to (bulemic) extremes, and I'm not willing to go there again. For the most part we try to keep healthy food in the house, though I did pick up some snickers popables and just finished the bag. Oh well, at least now it's gone!

How did everyone else do??

Candy
    Mom to Matt
    5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Okay - went to my two sessions with the trainer and worked on the elliptical trainer three days, half-hour each time. I'm having an easier time with the cardio, but I'm still trying to get up to 45 minutes a pop. I have two more weeks with the trainer and then he's on vacation for two weeks, so we're sitting down to put together sessions I can do on my own. I'm really re-working my diet to cut out the fat-free/low-fat foods and I'm actually having to switch to whole milk - from skim! We'll see how I handle that...

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08