Thread: May I join too?

Default May I join too?

It's been about 6 weeks since I posted here--been way too busy with both kids. You guys know the drill... :) Anyway, I have decided to get serious about losing the extra weight that has slowly crept up on me thru the years. I actually weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant, however, I still need to get rid of all the extra that was there before I was pregnant. I have started going back to the gym, but I need the motivation to continue. Ellen feeds at 4 am and then i go to the gym (which opens at 5). I have found that if I don't go in the morning, I don't have the time to go at all. Plus, there's the food temptation--I love good food! :) So I have started the food journal and find that it really helps when you have to write down everything you put in your mouth. So any motivation and support anyone can throw my way will be extremely appreciated!! :) Thanks!

PS. Anyone have any experience with Winsor Pilates? Thanks! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
    Kathleen 3/22/01
    Ellen 6/4/03

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: May I join too?

Welcom Maureen!!! So glad you have made a committment to yourself. That is a huge step!!! I completely know the too busy drill. I am moving so working out for me has not happened much in the last few weeks. A food (and workout journal) is a great tool! Look forward to hearing your progress!!!

celfsh Guest

Maureen,

Glad to have you back! How's it going as a mother of two? I know you posted looking for motivation for yourself, but you've actually inspired me! I'm amazed that you're already working on getting back into shape. It was MONTHS before I even started thinking about working out, let alone doing it...and I only have half as many kids as you do! :)

As far as Winsor Pilates goes, I don't have any personal experience with it, but I know there have been a few posts here about it recently. I do the Firm videos and really like them.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02

Celeste and Julie, thank you so much for your words of encouragement! They mean alot! (Celeste, your little Olivia looks like she is getting big! :)) And yes, it's great to be back here--I've really missed posting and reading about what's going on with the community here. :) In the beginning, I thought I was going nuts with 2 kids--no time to do anything. I still don't have much time, but I'm learning to get used to it. :)

I saw the Firm videos at Target and remembered all the good praise for them. Perhaps I will pick them up. I have Tae-bo but am looking for something else too. I know that when I did this one Pilates tape regularly for 3 weeks, I saw results.

Thanks again and hopefully I will be posting some good results soon--got to get rid of this extra 20 pounds!

...Maureen

Mom to
    Kathleen 3/22/01
    Ellen 6/4/03

Kathleen:

I asked about Windsor Pilates. Those darn informecials get you interested don't they. I think if you look back a few pages you'll see what people said. I think most people said to go to a real instructor.

The Firm is a real butt kicker. The only probably I have is the shoulder exercises when you are supposed to put your chest over the fanny lifter. My boobs are so tender from bf-ing that I skip those sets.

Keep us posted!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls