JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 8/11

Since we have moved I have taken up running. The area where we live is so great to run around. There is a nice park 3 blocks from my home and wonderful neighborhoods nearby that have beautiful homes in them. So this last week I ran three times. It felt great!!! They say that a change in your workout is good for your muscles, although I know I need to keep hitting the weeks every week as well.

I went to Branson, Mo. this weekend w/DS and my father. It was an ok trip, but my dad was sick. Now I think I am getting sick, pray for me and Anthony that we don't come down with it!!!

How are you???

Default RE: Posting week 8/11

Julie:

I'm so glad that you have a place to run. That must be nice. We are moving at the end of October and our new place is right next to a nature trail that we can just hop on.

I missed my weigh in this week so I need to find out how I did. My engagement ring fits on my finger again, so I hope that's a good sign. I wasn't able to get in a good workout last week so I'm hoping to make up for that this week.

How did everyone else do?

Toni - How was the yard sale?

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

I love nature paths. Here in south Kansas City there is a path that is 15 miles and goes all over. I love powerwalking on it with the girls. Of course, right now I'm just trying to survive the heat (we have a heat advisory today since it is now 103 degrees and should be 107 this evening, with a heat index of 112!! :()

At my weigh-in last week, I lost another 3 pounds (making my grand total 6.8 pounds lost :)). It was harder to work out last week because DH was in Savannah, GA on business. So instead of zipping to the gym first thing in the morning before work, I had to lug both kids to the gym. Still working on the portion control and eating more fruits and veggies. One day at a time...

...Maureen

Mom to
    Kathleen 3/22/01
    Ellen 6/4/03

Awesome job Maureen. I find that when you follow that guide to eat those 5 veggies I'm so full on veggies that I don't have room to eat anything else. :)

I have no idea how long the nature trail is but I'm looking forward to taking walks out there. I'm also happy that we are moving to a neighborhood that is kid friendly too!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

Thanks Sonia! I don't envy you the move with a baby. We did it when Kathleen was 13 months old--from one city to another--and it was crazy! Good luck!! I hope you have lots of help! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
    Kathleen 3/22/01
    Ellen 6/4/03

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Julie,

I hope that you and Anthony don't get sick! I am glad that you have found an area that you enjoy running in. I am looking into getting a jogging stroller now that DD is in school and I can have some time with DS outside! He really likes to go on walks, but pushing that Maclaren Quest or PP Venezia kills me when we use them for walks!

Sonia,

That is great that your engagement ring fits again! I know that you had posted one time about moving, but didn't know it was actually happening! I thought it was just a possibility! Where are you moving to? (You can e-mail me and let me know). The yard sale went very well. We made over 500.00 selling junk for 2.00 or less for each item. The rest is going to whatever charity will come to my house and pick it up!

Maureen,

Please be careful exercising in this heat. I just about died at our yard sale this past weekend from the heat and all I did was sit or stand around. Wait a minute, I was trying to keep Andrew from eating grass and licking oil off the floor of the garage!LOL!

Well, I lost 2 lbs this weekend from sweating and not eating for hours on end because of the yard sale. DH has agreed that I can buy a jogging stroller as long as it's reasonable priced. He really likes using a jogging stroller himself to push DS (we have been borrowing a friend's 10 year old Baby Jogger, but she wanted to sell all her strollers, since her DH is out of a job and all of her kids are out of strollers. I want a newer jogger, because her Baby Jogger only has a 3 point harness and I need a 5 point harness for DS). Thank you all for all the support that you give me in my quest to lose weight!

Take care!

lukkykatt Guest

Since I complained about the weight I still need to lose, I am going to join you here, if that's ok. I am hoping I will be "better" about working out if I feel accountable.

I did get in two good workouts last week on the elliptical trainer. I am trying to get in more fruits and veggies, and water. I also started denying myself ice cream (my favorite while nursing) unless I work out - which may be a sick way of doing things, but it works for me! I also am a big lover of the morning shower, which messes up my working out alot of times - I sure don't have the luxury of taking two showers a day! So I've started getting dressed in my workout clothes first thing in the morning on the days I want to exercise, and either take a walk with my boys in the stroller, or work out while they are taking their naps (provided it's at the same time).

I think DH was happy on Sunday when he said he would watch the boys while I took a shower and I told him that I was going to work out first and then take my shower!

I'm still not losing. I was doing all the right things, and the weight was not moving.

Oh well, at least I am not gaining. I am going to bump up my carbs some. If I'm not losing, I might as well enjoy myself. My goal is to not gain anymore, and then when she is 6 months old, I will give it another try at lower carb levels and see if that works. Maybe I am stuck at this weight until she weans? But I want to have another baby and I hoped to start out lower this time. It may be years before my body is mine again and does what I want. :)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Annette_C Guest

Congratulations on this week's achievements everyone.
    Julie, welcome back!
    I worked out 5 times last week. I try to alternate between elliptical trainer, cardio & toning, step and kickboxing (tae-bo).
    I haven't lost anything because I still haven't changed my diet. I keep hoping I'll get inspired again...one of these days!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

parkersmama Guest

Karen...I can so relate! It's very hard when your body doesn't belong to you for years on end! I lost 50 lbs while nursing Wesley (Weight Watchers) but I didn't start until he turned 1. I nursed until he was 21 months but never added the nursing points since his nursing was only a few times a day and he was eating table food. It worked really well for me. I'm about to start going back to WW now but I'm nervous about it since I'm exclusively bfing Amy Grace right now. I guess we'll see how I do! I think as Logan gets older and begins to eat more food/replace nursing with food, you'll find that it's easier to lose weight. Good luck!