JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 8/25

Happy Labor Day!!!

I had a great week last week. I worked out 4 times in all. Two days I worked with weights. The other two days I did an aerobics workout and a run. And man oh man, yesterday I did The Firm's video Body Scuplt (from system 1) and I am FEELING IT IN A BIG WAY TODAY!!! I hadn't done this workout in months and pulled it out yesterday and forgot how hard core it is! OUCH!!! I think I need to do this one at least once a week to give my muscles a really hard workout. So I did good in the workout respect, in the eating category, well let's just say I can do better! Hope all of you are eating good BBQ today. It's raining like cats & dogs here, :-( , oh well!

Don't forget to check your measurements about every 4 to 6 weeks to see how your body is doing!

Sonia,
    I know you have been doing The Firm system for a few months, what weight range are you using??? If you have been pretty consistant for that time you should look into upping your weights for instance from: 3,5 & 8 to 5,8 &10. I am up to 8, 10 & 15 right now, and since I can't find 17 or 18 dumbells I don't think I will be going any higher. I suggest it because the more muscle you build the more your fat will be burned off, even when your not even working out! Just a thought!

Keep your eye's on the prize gals and stay motivated, we can do this together, I promise!

Default RE: Posting week 8/25

I did really well last week, excercise wise. LOL I did the Nordic Track 5X for either 2 or 2.5 miles at a time. :D

Eating wasn't the best, as we made cookies to celebrate the first day of school. Boy were they good.... LOL

I keep pluggin' away.....
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Happy Labor Day Ladies!!!

The scale went down a few ounces this past week.

Julie:

I probably would need to go up in weights if I did the Firm consistently. Right now my weights are 5, 8, 10 lbs. Which were a little high to begin with and now they seem better.

My to do list for this week is to brush of my tapes and actually do the cardio fit one instead of abs all the time.

I'm interested to hear how everyone else did.

Angela, so glad that you joined us!!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Hope everyone had a great weekend and holiday! Last week sounds like a good week so far here. :) I did my 4 days of working out--powerwalking, running, and weights. It really is such a habit now that I feel sluggish if I don't work out. I'm really trying to get it to 5 days a week (and I think this week I might). Lost 2.6 pounds at my weigh-in, for a total of 10 lbs lost so far :). YAY! I stayed away from the yummy birthday cake being served this weekend--that took incredible willpower, esp. considering that it was *my* birthday cake. :) Also, went shopping to hit the sales this weekend and tried on a Liz Claiborne skirt 2 sizes smaller than normal (and Liz always runs small on me), and it fit!! Couldn't believe it!

Decided to try something fun a few weeks ago and I signed up for--now don't laugh--a tap class. :) My first class is tonite, and I just hope that I have some rhythm and don't make a complete fool of myself. Although I probably will... LOL :)

As always, thanks for the encouragement Julie and everyone here posting!! I'm really starting to believe it.

smomom Guest

Congratulations Maureen! it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job. You must be Superwoman to find the time. Good luck with your tap class. I'm way too uncoordinated for something like that.

I am starting my official attempt to shed the extra baby weight this week. DS just turned 10 months today - I guess it's NOT going away on its own after all.

I am hoping to gain inspiration from moms like you! Way to go!!!

lukkykatt Guest

I had a slow start to the week, but ended up not doing too bad (I think because I made myself promise to post). I walked 2x, did the elliptical 2x and Abs of Steel 1X.

Today I put on a pair of my "regular" shorts, and they fit, although not the way I would want them to. But it's the first time I could get into them since being pg. Maybe I can shed this old tummy yet!

Julie, you made me remember that I have a Firm tape that I could never get into. I'll see what it is tonight and check if anyone would want it.

Maureen:

You are doing awesome! Have fun at tap class. I've always wanted to take an adult dance class myself. Not tap though - I tried that in high school and I was awful!!! What a fun way to rack up those activity points!!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Thanks Dana and Sonia--you guys are such sweeties! The tap class was so much fun. The teacher looked like Baryishnakov, so of course the whole time I'm thinking "White Nights" :).

Just wanted to say thank you again to all the gals here on the board--esp. this forum. I know that I wouldn't be doing so great with this struggle if I didn't have such great cheerleaders and know that I have friends to share my little victories with!! :) Thank you!! You guys are the best.

BTW Sonia, I love that picture of you with Neve and Flagger and your beautiful babies. You look fabulous!

Annette_C Guest

Hi girls!
    Sorry I'm chiming in late but it hasn't been a good weekend for me (long story).
    Anyway, last week I worked out 5x and, on Friday, decided to do the Tae-Bo II - Get Ripped- advanced workout just to challange myself. Let's say it was quite a workout but I was able to keep up as well as I used to so it made me happy.
    Of course, I haven't changed my eating habits so I'm not losing any weight...Bottom line: I'm fit and fat all at the same time!:)
    Congratulations to Sonia and Maureen for losing more weight!! Great job, girls!!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02