JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 9/22

Well the week went ok. I worked out three times, all the Firm. And I did suceed in my goal for doing my abs 3 times a week. I am having a party on friday at my home so I hope I get time this week to work out as well.

How was it for you?

Default RE: Posting week 9/22

I don't know what I did last week, it's a blur, but I assure you that working out was not a part of it. M is teething and I feel like a have a newborn again with all the crying and the night waking.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

lukkykatt Guest

I did get in 6 bouts of exercise last week, so I was happy about that. But still fell short of my ab goal - only 2x, and I want to do 3 per week (ok, I don't want to, but you know what I mean). I went out for brunch on the weekend and was having a hard time finding something among my nicer pre-baby clothes that fit. I have only been working out with regularity for a few weeks now, but of course I was disappointed about that. I am the ninny who does ab work and then looks in the mirror to see the improvement. Guess it is going to take a little longer than that!

I did my 5X on the Nordic Track, but it was a hard week--both getting motivated and getting a good workout. I felt like I was sloggin' thru mud. :P

Another friend recommended the Firm to me too---I may just have to look into that. Can someone tell me a bit more about it? What's it work? Is it aerobics or toning or what?
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

The Firm are videos that combine weight training with cardio. It's pretty easy to follow and they definitely work you out. There are a ton of benefits to weight training.

You can get a set of three videos and the fanny lifter at Target or you can go to www.firmdirect.com. If you don't have dumbells, you'll have to get those too. I went to play it again sports to get mine. They had the best prices in the area.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03