JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 11/2

Ladies how are you doing???

Well I worked out three times last week. I did the Firm, a long walk and ab work.

I talked to a new friend who was a personal trainer. She suggested I change my workout to include more cardio. She said 3 days cardio and 2 of weights. So here I go for this new week. I am going to try! Hopefully I will lose more overall fat. We'll see if I can make it working out 5 times a week!

Good news I have lost 2 lbs over the last several weeks. I made sure for 2 weeks I weighed the same so I could feel confident that they were actually lost, yeah!!!

Have a great week!

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Posting week 11/2

I did the Firm twice and walked once. It's a start. I bought Aveda shampoo (expensive, for my pocketbook) as incentive - I get to use the "good stuff" when I work out! I'm feeling more "up" from working out, so I need to remember this too!

lukkykatt Guest

I did better than last week, but still didn't do enough. I used our elliptical trainer 2x, and did Abs of Steel 1x.

The one thing I am happy about is that when I met my friends at a restaurant, I stuck to my guns and had a roasted vegetable salad. It is usually not too hard for me to eat decently at home (ok, except when our house is full of Halloween candy!), but when I eat out, forget it! So that is my proudest accomplishment for the week.

Annette_C Guest

Great job, Julie!
    I agree with your friend: for weight loss you need to add cardio. Like she said, alternating between cardio and weights will give you better results.
    Sarah, great incentive your shampoo idea! Good to hear you're enjoying your workouts.
    Andrea, don't be so hard on yourself. You did great!
    I worked out 5x last week. I was feeling so tired from my diet that I'm amazed I even did 5 workouts! I lost 4 lbs so far and am not feeling tired anymore. I know that stage 1 of this diet is the toughest and am already looking forward to next week when I get to add carbs!!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Good morning ladies!

Julie - You've inspired to me to ask for my Tae-bo dvd back from my friend that I lent it to.

Annette - I'm glad that you are feeling better and less tired.

Well I know the following is going to sound horrible, but I've always had a skewed body image of myself. But this morning I looked at myself in the mirror getting dressed, and I thought to myself "I don't look as fat as normal" so I ventured onto the scale, which I have been avoiding. To my suprise I've lost 3 lbs.

I think it's weird that I've lost weight considering that I haven't really worked out, aside from some walks. Maybe it's the keeping busy by unpacking that's done it.

Happy week everyone!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hi! Well, we were at Disney last week, so I didn't do any official workouts. Does carrying a 30 pound toddler all over the Magic Kingdom count as weight training? No sweat was involved, so I don't think I can count it as cardio....

But I have decided to do the South Beach Diet. I got the book at Costco yesterday and stocked my refrigerator. Day 1 is today. So far, not so bad. I don't necessarily miss the carbs, but it just feels weird to eat what I've been eating instead of my usual stuff. I also went to the gym today and did 60 minutes on the treadmill.

On the downside, I discovered to my horror that I had been using our scale incorrectly. What kind of moron am I???? So I actually weigh 10 pounds MORE than I thought. How awful is that? So I really need to lose 30 pounds, not 20. Ugh. On the upside, that really did give me the last straw of incentive that I needed.

Have a good week!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

On the good side . . . I worked out twice last week. I would have gone three times, but on Wednesday some moron decided to try to drive his car up the train track and got stuck,which meant I was stuck on a train and 45 minutes late getting home, which meant I would have had to rush to get to Curves before they closed and instead I decided to feed the baby. Hey, nursing burns 500 calories a day, so that counts as working out, right?

On the bad side . . . I bought a giant apple pie from Costco. And had some on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

But the good news is that I didn't gain any weight.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Pretty good last week. I too am doing the South Beach diet and jumped on the scale and lost 4 pounds! :) Very excited. I had already limited my carb intake anyway so it wasn't that big of a stretch. But I think can keep it up for a few more weeks--hopefully. Working out, not so hot. Only twice because of my cold, plus Ellen has been sick too. :( But already worked out once this week so I have a few more times to go! :)

Keep up the great work girls!

peanut4us Guest

Well, after WW weigh in--I lost .5 pounds. Which is actually great since I only exercised 2 xs last week and stopped counting points around THurssday. Sigh. Why can't I make myself do this.

I lost 40 pounds 2 years ago over a 9 month period of time. It felt easy. I felt like i wasn't really sacrificing or working hard at it. I loved working out 4-5 times a week for about an hour each time. I thought this time would be so easy too. Especially when I know how good I look and feel when I lose weight. So WHY can't I do this!

Sorry, just frustrated with myself and it seemed like the appropriate place to share. Sigh. If only I weren't so exhausted. But then, if I exercised more, I probably would feel more rested. WHo knows.

Glad to see you all doing well.

Hi all! Well, I thought I'd join your weekly update because I think the support will really help me to keep motivated... this past week wasn't so hot because I was working really hard on the house and then had out-of-town relatives stay and was entertaining all weekend. I still managed to stick it out though and not eat any off-limits food, except maybe red wine too many nights in a row to relieve the stress ;)... but I still stayed pretty active moving furniture and vacuuming - hey, I heard it burns alot of calories!, and managed to lose .5 lb, so I'm pretty happy!

Tomorrow I am determined to start doing the Firm!