cinrein Guest

Default Any nursing mamas jog?

I used to jog in my previous life. :) I'd like to get back to it since I can do it anywhere and anytime. The only thing holding me back is the extra "heaviness" I have in the chest area. I tried to do jumping jacks during a step class I took and couple months ago and between the breasts and the bladder, I thought I would die!

Is there a way I can be active (like jump around) with these things? Would a tight sports bra help?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Any nursing mamas jog?

My roommate in college was pretty well-endowed, and played basketball & ran track. She actually wore 2 sports bras at a time during her sports activity. Don't know how that would feel nursing, but it could be an option.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

peanut4us Guest

I never had this *problem* before I got preggers! But I MUST wear 1 tight-fitting sportsbra and another looser fitting (still relatively tight) sportsbra over that one, or I hurt! Give two of em a go.

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I jogged while nursing. I had an awesome bra by Champion that really kept those DD's in, as much as one can. Check Champion out.

sweetalelxsmommy Guest

The woman in charge of Baby Boot Camp is a personal trainer who works with postnatal women. She recommends that her moms wear a nursing sports bra (yes, these do exist and they are great for wearing around the house, but not really supportive like a regular sports bra) with a standard sports bra over it. Works for me!