mamahill Guest

Default Lost: self control

Seen last: about a year ago

Reward: the bag of miniature almond joys I bought today.

I'm doomed.

Default RE: Lost: self control

Sarah, you are NOT doomed! lol :)... we all have our backslides... just enjoy it and don't feel guilty - tomorrow is another day!

Just a thought - are there any substitutions you could make dessert wise that might help to fend off the cravings but not leave you too bad off? Maybe sugar free chocolate pudding and stuff like that? I find that if I'm not allowed to have it, I want it so much more, so now I have dessert after lunch (sugar free jello)... and dessert after dinner, ricotta creme (south beach) or no sugar added vanilla ice cream... even though these are no substitution really for chocolate cake or any of the other things I might like to have, it makes it easier for me to avoid having dessert as a snack as well :)

Although I won't lie to you... today I waited too long to have lunch (I blame it on Gymboree), so after I ate I still wanted something bad and had a couple handfuls of choc chips... and today was supposed to be a good day... oh well... that's the way the cookie crumbles :)

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If it makes you feel better, I just ate 5 slices of Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza, with a 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Feel better now? :)

Edited to add - OK, I closed the box, so I didn't have to change that to 6 slices...
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Annette_C Guest

LOL Sarah!
    Don't be so hard on yourself, hon. Enjoy your candy and take Miss A for a walk. Then, seduce your DH when he gets home and you've burned them off!:)
    Besides, I don't think you need to lose weight. You look wonderful as you are!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I agree with Annette, I think you look fabulous! But I think Annette looks fabulous too! :) :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mamahill Guest

Thanks ladies - but I think the only real muscles are my chewing muscles at the moment. I have been working out, so hopefully that will counter my weak moments. And I agree, I have no idea where Annette is expecting to lose weight (just get a haircut - that mane has GOT to weigh a good 15 pounds!). I just hate to feel everything getting squishier and squishier. And I haven't been sleeping as well lately (argh, Ainsleigh sleeps through the night, but *I* wake up 3-4 times). And seriously, whoever heard of the Almond Joy diet?!

Annette_C Guest

Thanks, Sarah and Beth!
    Gosh...you made me blush!:)
    Sarah, I understand how you feel. You're on a good track though. By adding toning and cardio to your routine, I'm sure you'll see results soon.
    Good decision on waiting until after the wedding to go on the diet! There's nothing worse than having TONS of temptations while you're trying to be good!
    You can use this time to better educate yourself on the diet.
    keep us posted,
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02