Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    liya Guest

Default Truth: Anyone else out there who DOESNT follow or believe in the SB diet!!

I read the book...I tried it..I know i didnt give it quite a fair shot...But it still seemed similar to Atkins(with out all the fat) for me..Im not an atkins fan..Im NOT an egg fan either...What i have done is baisically lower my intake or food(or watch portions), not eat soooo much white carbs(eat more whole wheat ones)..Eliminate carbs for dinner just eat a salad or some veggie soup. And i feel soooo much better....Im also noticing im loosing weight...I feel great..Im NOT in a cranky mood like i was in SB...I dont feel like cheating because i can eat anything i want(except fried that is) if i just watch my intake and im really happy...

As you all know i am puertorican. We live for rice and beans etc...So i just take 1(sometimes even 1/2) cup of rice and 1/4 cup of beans with about 3oz of lean meat and a plate of letucce and other greens and i am FULL!!...I consulted my nutricionist on this...Im going to WW meetings for support and so far so good....I really feel i have changed the way i will eat from this moment on and that its not going to be some diet that im going to find myself cheating on for the rest of my life....

My motto: Have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a beggar....LOL

Just wanted to state my experience so far....Is anyone else feeling the same way ??

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Truth: Anyone else out there who DOESNT follow or believe in the SB diet!!

Linda, if the Phase 1 of South Beach was what I had to do for the rest of my life, I would TOTALLY be with you! But I figure I can do the Phase 1 for only two weeks. The maintenance part of South Beach (Phase 3) sounds a lot like what you're doing, so good for you!

But honestly, ANYTHING that works for you is terrific! I have tried doing things on my own for ages, and nothing helped me. Having something structured like SB helps me, because I like to have a "plan" and follow "rules", so that part just doesn't disturb me. But if it doesn't work for you, then do what does!!!

Good luck and glad to hear that things are going well for you!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

liya Guest

Default RE: Truth: Anyone else out there who DOESNT follow or believe in the SB diet!!

Yup i took everything i had read about EVERYTHING...LOL when i mean everything you have NO IDEA how much ive read....and just made it into one....I just really preffer myself happy than cranky in the 1st phase of the SB diet...And let me tell you it didnt go away after about 4 days I was STILL a total WENCH...LOL I just think ill do it the slow and steady way although it has been tough to pick out the foods that fill me up to the foods that dont..But ive gotten the hang of it now...LOL Im just NOT a meat and veggie person at all...

I remember when i lost weight the first time i just used the food piramid and i lost about 40 pds(this was after a bad hospitalization for pnemonia where steroids where involved as part of the treatment..So i figured it would work somewhat the same this time around only i added whole wheat foods(which i NEVER used when i was 15 trust me...LOL )

BTW BETH IM SUPER GLAD YOUR DOING SO WELL!!!! GOOD JOB MAMA!!!

Linda, you might want to read the Sugar Busters book, it sounds a lot like the way you described your eating. More whole grains, but not the "white carbs".

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03