Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dieting will be put on hold until after Turkey day

We're heading off to my parents in NY this weekend. My dad is graduating from the Culinary Insititute of America next Weds and he has the menu set for next week. I can guarantee that it won't be low fat. However we are spending next Tuesday walking around the Vanderbilt House and the Roosevelt house. That night we'll be eating at American Bounty restaurant at the CIA, where my dad will be our waiter! And then the next morning is graduation, where Rocco Dispirito (from the Restaurant) will be the commencement speaker and then we are eating at another fancy schmancy restaurant at noon. I better pack my stretchy pants. LOL!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Dieting will be put on hold until after Turkey day

Wow! What a great trip!!!

My T-Day plan is to not worry about my diet for Thursday and Friday. (I'll be out of Phase 1 and onto Phase 2 of SB at that point). Not go crazy, but not not eat all those wonderful Thankgiving dishes!

And to compensate, I plan to do another week of Phase 1 when we get back home after the holidays! I'm just grateful I'm not cooking this year and won't be stuck with all the leftovers!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh have fun!!! I hear by allow you to eat without guilt! Enjoy!!!;-)

celfsh Guest

Sounds fabulous! By all means, enjoy!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02

Sonia, that sounds like the best week ever. How much fun to have a real chef in the family! :) I've been working out like a banshee in anticipation for all the holiday eating--plus our family portraits this weekend. Reading that the average person gains 8 extra pounds over the holidays is stuck in my head! My gym is even open on Turkey day to compensate for all the overeating! I will be there when it opens--free t-shirts! Whoo-hoo!! :P

Maureen:

That's a good idea. My old WW leader said that she always organized a post thanksgiving dinner family walked to help walk off some pounds. My SIL used to go to a turkey busters day at the gym the Friday afterwards.

We're driving back on Friday. I think I'll be doing the Firm the following week.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Annette_C Guest

Sonia,
    I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE Rocco Di Spirito from the days of Food TV!
    Eating at the CIA, having a professional chef in the family, you're killing me here!! Don't you know those are ALL of my dreams combined?!? I would want to be the professional chef, though, not my dad! ;)
    Have a good time and enjoy! I would!!!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02