Default Southbeachers - just wanted to give an update...

After 6 weeks on the South Beach diet I have lost a total of 14 lbs... just wanted to let you guys know that the weight loss does start to slow down a bit after about the 4th week, at least it did for me. The past 2 weeks I lost 2 lbs, which I still think is great, but I felt a little bummed that the speedy part of the weight loss was over. I have to say though, that I did start exercising more regularly this past week - did the Firm 3 times, so I'm telling myself that all those squats and weights have built some muscle and muscle weighs more than fat! I'm hoping after a couple more weeks of 'firming', some of that muscle will be working for me to help me burn more fat and keep on losing!

Only 12 lbs to go to pre-preg weight!

Just wanted to give everyone else out there a vote of confidence - it really does work!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Southbeachers - just wanted to give an update...

Good for you!! Actually, I think its a good thing that the weight loss slows down. They say that weight you lose slowly is more likely to stay off long-term.

I'm doing OK in Phase 1. I will weigh myself again tomorrow and see what has happened after 1 full week. The exciting part is that DH is on board with me! He's not terribly happy about it, but agrees that its something we need to do.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Annette_C Guest

Great Job, Laurie!!
    Thanks for inspiring me into trying this diet and for all your help.
    BTW...Did you see the great links Beth provided for us SBers?!?
    I tried the roasted chick peas tonight and they were such a treat!!:)
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

It was hard for both my DH and I at the very beginning, but you get much more used to it, and as soon as you can add some things back in, it gets much, much easier!

Also a word of encouragement for your DH, mine lost 20 lbs in the 6 weeks we've been on the diet! As you can imagine, I'm not speaking to him, lol :)... it's just so unfair how much better their metabolisms are!! To make me feel better, he divided our weight losses by our overall weight to get the percentage lost instead, and we were both at about 7 % of our overall weight, so that made me feel better. He's just a bigger person, so his pounds are higher, but I guess it actually works out the same. Still, he is sooo excited. He's back in some pants that he wore when we got married already!

No problem, just glad you are also having success! I'll have to try that recipe - I haven't had a chance to ck out Beth's links yet - has been such a crazy week already!