Default Combatting emotional eating?

How do you all deal with this? I thought I had my stress eating under control, but this week has been a doozy in the stress category (dh is THISCLOSE to just quitting his job and I'm trying hard not to freak!) I've been spending WAAAAY too much time munching!

HELP!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Combatting emotional eating?

Oh I feel for you!!! When I'm stressed, I eat too. To combat this, what I TRY to do is drink something instead. Preferably something that takes awhile to drink, like coffee or tea. At least for me, its as much about doing something with my hands as it is about eating.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

liya Guest

ofee or tea for some reason these 2 kill the eating anx.. (((hugs))))

KimberleyDawn Guest

I have the same problem and I also eat as a stress reliever after I get home from work. I hate how this seems to be the only way I know how to unwind from my work day!!! I have been pounding back the water and munching on celery to help keep this under control.
    Kim