Hi everybody,

I've never really even lurked in this section -- and should have been. For thirteen months I've been saying I'm going to lose that baby weight some day!! Well, it's no longer baby weight -- it's mine. In addition I noticed that I'm gaining again. So I had some labs drawn at work and even though my cholesterol is really good, it looks like I'm insulin resistant! Doh!

So like Marisa I'm starting metformin this weekend. I'm very familiar with it pharmacologically, but I'd like to hear everyone's personal experiences on it -- how bad, REALLY, were the side effects? How long did they last for you? Did you lose weight on it alone or did the diet do it? I plan to start the SBD as soon as possible, but I'm not even going to kid myself about starting in in the next week or two KWIM?

Finally, could someone give me a quick low-down on this section. I ask only because I see these weekly updates. Is it sort of like the WW meetings--only online?

Wish me luck -- and Marisa, since we're in the same boat -- I'll be thinking about you!

Thanks guys