Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    janeybwild is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Anybody else ready to start the SB diet?

Good tip on the ricotta. I used the blender (the first time it has been out of the box since the wedding I might add) and made the lime one, and it was yummy. I did find the laughing cow cheese in the fancy cheese section, so thanks for the pointer there too.

I made the salmon with baked veggy medley for dinner tonight and it too was yummy. DH asked me if I am still "on my diet"! So far I haven't noticed any cravings. Do they hit you at some point? I sort of thought that if I was craving stuff it would be now. But, for the few weeks before I started SB, I had cut down on bread and regular potatoes, so perhaps that helped?

Anyway, have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by how great how feel. Lots of energy and continued enthusiasm. There's something very wonderful about having a plan and doing it, regardless of any change in the exterior.

>
    > and Karen
    >(stillplayswithbarbies) have been doing it for a while and are
    >great resources.

I do a combination of Atkins, the Curves plan, and Sugar Busters, but it is a similar concept of low carb as South Beach.

Just don't make me tell you how many gingerbread men I ate over the holidays. :)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For some reason, store brand ricottas seem to be much creamier than "name" brands. And making the dessert in the blender made a HUGE difference!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Annette_C Guest

Oh, and Annette (Annette_C) too! (are you back on the bandwagon, Annette?)

LOL! Here I am, Sarah, back on phase 1 of SBD since DH and I ate every carb in CT over the 2 week holiday period!
    Needless to say, I gained back 5 lbs (also had a few glasses of champagne with those sweet carbs!) and didn't exercise at all to top it all off! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...LOL:)
    Now, it's back to work time. DH and I started yesterday on phase 1 again and we're still doing it our way (using the list of allowed foods and some of the recipes). I also bought a couple of new cookbooks, one is called 500 low-carb recipes, and the other is the new revised atkins cookbook (this new revised version looks a lot more like the SBD).
    One other thing, I noticed that there's a line of low-carb frozen dinners now available. They're expensive but they're good. I tried the creole salmon in a cajun sauce with spinach, broccoli and mushrooms tonight and it was tasty.
    It will be nice to compare notes here and get support from one another.
    Good luck...to all of us!:)
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Annette, it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Welcome back to the SB fold. I'd be interested in any new recipes you find for Phase 1. I'm only at day 5, but am starting to see that I will be repeating a lot of the same recipes next week unless I get some other ideas. On then plus side, I don't feel quite so bulgy (is that a word?!). Perhaps more lumpy than bulgy :). Good luck.

The other thread (from emmasmoma) reminded me to share our progress so far. That is an inspiring thread. Way to go gals!
    How are you doing this week? I am so amazed by this eating plan (it can't be a diet can it when you're never hungry?). My jeans are noticably looser on the thighs and waist. I have worked out three times this week and by Day 6 I have lost 7 lbs. That is the scary part. I find it hard to believe that this is water weight since I have been guzzling water like a camel, and, since I haven't actually been hungry I'm not "starving myself". But, I am wary of losing too fast too soon. I know this is expected in Phase 1, but does anybody know where it has all come from? Beth any thoughts?
    Recipes that I loved from week 1 were the salmon with rosemary, SB mashed potatoes, the ginger mahi-mahi, and the lime ricota dessert.
    Anybody have a good recipe for spaghetti squash? (whatever that is!)
    Would love to hear how others are doing this week if you feel inclined to share.

lizamann Guest

I've lost about 4 pounds since Saturday. I guess that's pretty good. Last night I was really craving sweets for the first time, and I hate to admit what I did... I opened a packet of Splenda and ate it by dipping my finger in there Fun Dip-style. Must have looked pretty pathetic, but it actually did the trick and lasted a lot longer than you might imagine. I am in no way recommending this method, though.

LOL....very ingenious! I felt like I really wanted chocolate last night (the lunar phase?!), so splurged on a sugar-free fudgsicle. Delish!
    Congrats on your self-restraint. 4 pounds is great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3