Default Soy sauce for sashimi in Phase One SB???

Does anyone know if you can dip your sashimi in soy sauce during phase one? I'm on day 3 of SB and already having a sushi craving- I can do sashimi but not without soy sauce!

Also, does anyone know if you can have imitation crab in phase one? I bought it assuming I could (fish) but then I see it has other ingredients in it. What should I be looking for ingredient-wise with it?

Any advice appreciated!

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Soy sauce for sashimi in Phase One SB???

Soy sauce is okay.

I googled the carb count on imitation crab and found a couple of sites that listed 2 oz of it with 6 g of carbs because of the "filler" used to mold it contains flour and sugar, so you probably should avoid it on Phase 1 and limit it otherwise. I'm bummed about that. I have a good fake crab salad recipe I was going to try!

BUT, here's a link to a chat with Dr. Agatston where he says it is fine because it's white fish...maybe he doesn't know that there are fillers in it too and just thinks it's pollack? Or maybe different brands use different fillers? http://www.mizfrogspad.com/South_Bea...t_07-22-03.htm

Enjoy your sushi! :)

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Soy sauce for sashimi in Phase One SB???

The main two ingedients to watch for are:

1) added sugars (although a small amount is OK)

2) trans fats (hydrogenated or partially hydrogentated vegetable oils)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)