Misha412 Guest

Default "Slim In Six" users?

Hi All:

In the wee morning hours last week (DS had an ear infection and wasn't sleeping much) I watched an infomercial for a video series called "Slim in Six" that promised some pretty great results. I've lost 36 of the 40 lbs I gained during my pregnancy, but I still feel out of shape and would like to firm up. I don't really have time for the gym these days, so I was thinking of giving this product a try.
    Has anyone tried this series, or it's partner series "Power 90"? If so, can you let me know if your results were as good as the people who gave testimonials on the commercial and/or website (www.beachbody.com)??

Thank you so much!

coloradomom Guest

Default RE: "Slim In Six" users?

LOL! I also got sucked in by the infomercial but I have to tell you that I loved this program. It did focus on all firming up all of your body parts. I too had that extra 5 lbs to lose but more importantly I wanted to tone up. I was a size 8 before starting this and I went down to a size 4!! I have never been that size in my life before -never- and I did not do their diet stuff at all just watched what I ate-but I was not on a diet.
    Now I am pg so I will have to start from the top again when I have this little baby- but I have been doing parts of it throughout this preg- like the squats, lunges weights at the beginning and second level.
    HTH's

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

On a fitness forum I heard a lot of people talking about these workouts. Many really liked them and said they were glad they bought them. Others didn't like the guy leading them. But overall I hear that they are a good solid hard workout. If it seems like something you would enjoy I would check it out then. If you do let us know what you think!

Misha412 Guest

Wow! Now I'm definitely ordering it tonight! Good luck with your pregnancy and thanks for the input!

Misha412 Guest

Thanks for the input -- will post again if I'm as successful as Mary!

coloradomom Guest

Michelle
    I just wanted to clarify that I did order the Slim in 6 not the Power 90 series. The Slim in 6 is taught by a lady -Debbie Seavers I think?
    If you stick with it- which can be a challenge because you get soo sore it will work- Good luck.
    Also, I found it helpful at the beginning to check out their message boards for moral support!
    Good luck - hope you like it.

Misha412 Guest

Hi Mary:

I started the order process but notice that they seem to really encourage the "nutritional supplements" on the website, which they did not do on the infomercial. Just wondering if you did the supplements or not. Also, what size resistance band did you start with? Did you need another band as you got stronger from the workouts?

Thank you so much for helping me with this!

coloradomom Guest

Michelle,
    No I did not get the supplements that they also encouraged me to do. I feel I already take my daily vitamins that I am happy with so I did not want to try theirs. I do not think you need to get them if you do not want them. That is my opinion, I think they are just trying to push them to make you think you have to have them to be successful, which I do not think is true.
    Also, I already had a resistance band at home so I did not order theirs. But I did find that I actually prefer to use 3 or 5lb weights instead of the bands anyways, which is always an option that they remind you of in the video. So if you have some weights already I would just use what you have. ( or buy some if it is cheaper- I do not remember the cost of the bands)
    HTH's
    good luck,
    Mary

I did it for 3 weeks and got interrupted...but still got results :) I felt stronger and firmer and did lose about 7 lbs. I really liked the workouts too :) I took my own supplements - Chromium, green tea and B-Complex, along with a multivitamin. I watched what I ate and actually counted calories the first week.

The only thing I didn't like is that the workouts get progressively longer, which wouldn't bother me if I didn't have a 4 month old and a 20 month old needing my attention! The last phase is an hour long and somebody always poops or cries before the hour is over!!! LOL! I usually get a good solid 30 minutes before someone NEEDS me! So the Power half hour is looking pretty good to me now!

But I think it is a great program and it DOES work! It's not their fault I can't devote a whole hour!

Ronda
    Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

Misha412 Guest

Finally got my videos yesterday -- plans to start program tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!