1ontheway Guest

Default Need Suggestions...

I'm finally getting back into a consistent workout routine since DD has settled into a decent 2 nap routine and nurses less frequently these days. I'm using the Firm DVDs 3 times a week. I would like some recommendations for other DVDs to use on off days. I guess it should be mainly aerobics so that my muscles have time to rest.

Also, do you have any suggestions for healthy snacks other than raw veggies? Unfortunately, I can't stand them. I do eat fruit, but I would like a little more variety.

TIA!

Christina
    Mom to Leah 1/04

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Need Suggestions...

I'm not familiar with The Firm, but as for snacks, nuts, cheese sticks, dried fruit, and lowfat yogurt are all good snacks. I like peanut butter granola bars too.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

erbono Guest

My favorite exercise videos are:

Reebox Intense Moves and
    Karen Voights Energy Sprint

These are tough interval training ones but you can always make it easier but just not going as intense. They can be done with or without a step.

I also have a few 30 minute workout videos including Tae Bo if I need something really quick.

For snacks... I do recommend nuts/cheese sticks/yogurt like the previous post. The protein will help make you feel fuller. Just watch how much you eat!!!

Erica

LAParent Guest

I have heard the new WHFN DVDs are great! But they are a lot like the Firm.

For step, Cathe Friedrich is great! Love her stuff. However, it isn't cheap.

A lot of people like Slim in Six or the new series from Kathy Smith "Project You"

I really like the 10 minute solution DVD for quick fixer-uppers. Also, Quick Fix Cardio Kicks is fun.