Default Compression shorts ROCK!

I've been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks as my "healthy alternative" to RL. I'm a walker, 3-5 miles/day pretty much every day. I'm trying to get fit before TTC and have been doing WW since February - so far lost about 33 lbs. One of the things I like about walking, besides the scenery, is that I can start right out my front door, bring DS, and I don't need any special equipment (except stroller and shoes).

This summer though I've been dragging around the neighborhood in the steamy haze in too-big cotton shorts and feeling miserable. So I included a pair of compression shorts with my last sports bra order. Wore them today and didn't want to stop walking after 4 miles. What a great invention! No bulk, no chafing, everything stays where you want it. I wouldn't wear them without a long tank top or t-shirt, but they are otherwise fabulous.

I wish I had known this sooner, so I had to pass it along! If you're a gym rat already I'm sure this is old news, but if you're like me and haven't paid attention to workout wear since those spandex running tights were all the rage in college, things have changed!

Sam (mom to Stewart 8-15-03)

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Compression shorts ROCK!

I don't actually get to much into athletic clothing that isn't sold at Wal-mart or Target as I can't really afford the $$$ stuff. But what is the point of compression shorts? I mean I have compression hose I got a prescription for, for my vericose veins. So I'm confused what the reason for the shorts would be.

btw glad you found some shorts you like!

Julie, ITA about bargain workout wear, except for my shoes, but I think I'm sold on these shorts even if I have to order them online. The ones I bought were the "power liner" by Champion and they're supposed to support your thigh muscles and reduce fatigue. I'd say they're about twice as supportive as my other bike shorts, and the hems stay down where I want them. Personally, as a not-quite-fit-yet-but-trying mom, I like the no chafing and jiggling aspects the best! Really comfy. And it's been surprisingly hard for me to find good shorts for walking.

I know Target carries Champion, but I don't think I've seen these there. After sales, coupon codes, and ebates I think I paid $18.00 for them at onehanesplace including shipping. Bought them a size smaller than my street clothes, and that worked well.

HTH someone!

momto2boys Guest

Sam,

I was in Target today and found compression shorts in the Champion C9 line. They are $9.99 a pair and will go on sale for $7.99 a pair on Sunday. I'm not sure how they compare to the ones you got from onehanesplace.com but thought I would give them a try because of the great price.

HTH,
    Kathy

Kathy,

Thanks! I'll check them out next week :-).