Thread: Jenny Craig

1ceng1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Jenny Craig

Hi.

I have about 20 pounds to lose since DD #2 was born 3 months ago. Has anyone tried Jenny Craig? What do you think?

Thanks.

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Jenny Craig

MIL, who was on Jenny Craig a few years ago, lost a bunch of weight on it, but only because she was eating the prepackaged food. When she went back to normal, she put the weight back on. AIL, who also did Jenny Craig at the same time, never only ate their food, and never lost an ounce.

I think that Kirstie Alley probably gets the food for free, and can afford a personal chef to cook healthy meals for her after she goes off of it, whenever that is.

If you're going to diet, I can't say enough good things about Weight Watchers - their big selling point is that it's a lifestyle, not a diet.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

My aunt lost 120 pounds on Nutrisystem... took her two years to completely regain it. Husband's aunt did the same thing but with only 40 pounds in 8 months on Jenny Craig. They pretty much restrict you to buying their miniscule portions of food (some of them make weight watchers frozen dinners look like a platter). Both programs are expensive and I personally don't see my family maintaining it.

If you want a program to check in weekly, Weight Watchers is a much better option. My SIL lost the 40 pounds from her two pregnancies through them and has been a group leader with them for 6 months now. You can do the program entirely with your own food and they emphasize permanent lifestyle change.

If I don't get pregnant soon, I'm planning on doing WW myself since I keep gaining and losing these gosh darn 10 pounds of body fat. For me the easiest way to kick start a weight loss is whole grain oats for breakfast, lean protein & steamed vegtables for lunch and dinner. That's what the personal trainer I worked out with last year recommended plus lots of exercise.

Willpower, Perserverence, and Good luck with your weight loss :)

MsKitty

Hi,

My problem is I am a vegetarian and also have little time to cook single vegetarian meals for myself since no one else in the family is a vegetarian.
    Do you know how WW would work for vegatarians?

Thanks

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think WW would work perfectly for a vegetarian, provided you calculate and count the points that you're eating, and it'd probably be easier to stay low in pts since almost all veggies are 0 pts per serving (some starchier veggies are 1 pt. per cup serving, though).

If you post a typical daily menu, I'll see if I can figure out what you're looking at, pts. wise.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

I know WWs have at least one frozen dinner that's vegetarian- the vegtable lasagna. It's my favorite :)

MsKitty

I received my sampler vegetarian package today....will see how it tastes.