psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default 10/24 Check-in Time is Here!

Hello all!

I had a really nice week here in my new home, with no official workouts, but lots of crusing the neighborhood:

Mon: 1 hr walk
    Tue: nada
    Wed: 1 hr walk
    Thu: 2 hr walk
    Fri: 2 hr walk
    Sat: 1 hr walk
    Sun: nada

DH and I have also been making use of our new privacy, so i'm sure some more calories are accounted for...or maybe I gained weight with new muscles ;) One way or the other, I'm hoping to start real workouts this week (the box with my workout clothes in it was MIA until yesterday).

Nutrition-wise, menu planning starts today, and now that I have a week of candy, pizza, and other goodies out of my system, I can really do well with it...yay!

Hope you all had banner weeks...and now it's time to hear about them :)
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Default RE: 10/24 Check-in Time is Here!

Petra, congrats on the move! Glad you don't have to deal with BIL anymore.

Last week went well, I kind of cranked it up in the final hour, at the end of the week when DH was home and could help me out. My 6 month old has gone from a napper to a non-napper over the past month making days challenging lately. (more on this in the bitching post)

Last week:

Mon- Cathe Pyramid Lower Body, ab workout
    Tues - rest (aka calming fussy baby)
    Wed - rest (ditto)
    Thurs - mowed lawn 50 mins
    Fri - rest (ditto)
    Sat - bike 50 mins
    Sun - bike 50 mins, Cathe Pyramid Upper Body, and ab workout

Hope everyone had a great week!

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi all !

I had a decent week workout wise, since I was up in DC with only a single stroller, but two kids who both got tired out pretty easily, so ended up carrying/slinging one for a good part of the time. and since we must have packed and moved from hotel room to my dad's apt, to hotel room about 6 times in the 10 days we were gone. packing is hard work.

Mon: nada
    Tues: 1 hour walk with kids.
    Wed: Took 2 kids in one stroller on metro from pentagon city to zoo (via marshalls for hats and mittens) and had one in the sling a good part of the time. I forgot how HILLY it was up by the zoo. The return hike up to the entrance just about did me in. Forgot my brace. oops.
    Thurs: Cleaned my dad's apt - very hard exercise
    Fri: 20 minutes eliptical machine, 12 minutes bike, then laterhiking in mountains carrying 30 pounds of squirming toddler
    Sat: Dealt with two kids and sleeping husband on airplane.
    Sun: Walked around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. (checking out hurricane damage). helped haul trees and bushes to the curb for pick up.

Just ate a bunch of halloween candy, but that wasn't last week, so I don't have to report it yet. :)

Am getting ready to start losing weight again. Its wierd, I have to have a certain mind set, and I think I just got it again. Hope to make that ticker move down by sometime in december, but I'll take slow and steady too.

Since I had to empty our freezer and fridge, I am going to put only healthy foods back in it.

Talk to you guys later

Lynn

<<Just ate a bunch of halloween candy, but that wasn't last week, so I don't have to report it yet.>>

Yes, I am guilty of consuming mostly chocolate today, in the form of Kit Kat bars and PB cups, along with M&Ms. But that is in next week's check in! Heehee!

I am glad you survived Wilma.

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

I felt like such a great sucess yesterday! I just have to tell y'all! I wore my new diva cup for 10hrs straight (this is my first cycle and could only "stomach" it for 2-3 hours the days before) and only ate 2 pieces of candy! Isn't that the silliest thing?
    Let's see, last week I ran 3 days, 2x 2.7miles and 1x 3.17 miles, so I am still building up. It is great to finially have a break in the hot weather so that I could run without sweating. Makes SUCH a difference. I was running behind some chic yesterday who was wearing those running tights and I think I need some of those. The heck with these baggy things... I need some new cloths! :)
    Talking about new cloths; I spent 3 hours at the mall last weekend trying to find a gosh-darn pair of jeans that fit. Ugh. I came away thinking it was all about the pockets. Can you believe were some of the pockets are located? Do they want my butt to look bigger?? Of course, when I finially settled on a pair that kind of fit, they were $60!! Geez! I paid it, of course, because I was NOT going home with red thighs (from all the pulling on, pulling off) and no jeans!
    Diet wasn't so hot last week. I curse M$M/Mars company!

Edited to fix my potty mouth! Again, left spelling errors for authenticity.

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Pockets - you're right!

I went jeans shopping last week and left empty-handed. Some of the jeans that fit well had pockets that were midway between my cheeks and thighs...hello saddlebags, and I don't have saddlebags! The other problem with pockets were that they were so far apart...why, oh why, would anyone want all that space between their pockets? Do designers not realize that women with decent sized but not perfectly round (a la J.Lo) bums look horrible in these? Where's my wide load sign when I need it...sheesh.

But the rest of your post - way to go! I've found that Walmart has some really good workout clothes...nothing special, but they work.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums