Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default 11/7 Weekly Check-in!

Good morning everyone!

I had a good last week. Again, no official workouts, but withough Halloween candy to contend with, it was easier to eat healthy, which was good. Unfortunately, the pizza at Chuck E. Cheese is the closest thing to NYC pizza I've had since moving to the west coast, so I ate too much of it...but you've got to live, right?

We had crappy weather, DS was crabby, and DH was working long hours, so it wasn't easy, but all-in-all, it wasn't too bad. I did locate my Palm Pilot and charger, and re-downloaded my journaling program, so I'm getting back into the journalling swing of things.

Begone Virgin Fat!!!

And again - welcome to all the newbies!!!
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

kath68 Guest

Default RE: 11/7 Weekly Check-in!

Can you tell me about the journaling program?

I am looking for something that I can use on my iPaq for keeping track of pedometer steps, eating, etc. I guess I should go searching.

Good for you for sticking with it all.

I had a great week work-out wise, 3x gym, 3x walking. Eating was so so. !@#$ DH brought home a dozen cookies from a local bakery and I plowed through many of them last night. DOH! And the veggie situation leaves a lot to be desired. But baby steps! I am working to change habits, and I have to forgive myself of the transgressions if I am going to make permanent changes. Today is a new day.

The program I use is ww_calc for palm, and only works with the Palm operating system. My best friend usings a program from www.calorieking.com that she had to buy, but she really likes it. I'm not sure if it's compatible ith an iPaq, but it's worth a shot.

The program I use is great for WW followers - you can do all your food and activity journaling, including calculate points without the slide rule thingy, in one place, and it does all the work as far as banking your pts for you, so you don't have to. I love it - plus I love gadgets, so it's right up my alley.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

chiqanita Guest

I had a good week, too. The weekend was even better for walking and a trip to the park but not too good for treats. I had a medium pumpkin/caramel gelatto (YUM!) and a brownie (YUM Sqd). Now I'm not to proud of myself for giving in to the treats but I am proud to say that I've removed all of MY treats from the house so there isn't the temptation. However, my hubby still needs his oatmeal creme sandwiches...which I don't particularly care for. I didn't drink as much water this weekend...not certain why.

Last week I walked (30 minutes ea time), did some cardio, stomach crunches and my new favorite activity sitting still and tightening my stomach/abs.

If it weren't for this darn sore throat and cold like symptoms I would've had a terrific weekend.

Thanks for the welcome! I like it here.

I forgot to mention, on Wednesday I ate an entire box of those oatmeal creme sandwiches. It was PMS...what else can I say?
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well said, Petra, you've got to live !!

Other than the candy popcorn debacle, I guess I wasn't too bad eating wise. Er, no, maybe I was. I had more than a couple cafe con leches and pastelitos. I don't believe I worked out, either. But the good news is, I didn't weigh myself to see if I gained more than one pound, so I'll stick with just the pound extra to lose.

And, I got PT scheduled for my knee, 3X per week, so that'll be good. And, I will be getting the correct knee brace (idiot brace salesman) soon, so it might even start helping. And finally, I think the white chocolate covered popcorn day was a turning point. I am not doing my crazy diet yet, but I am being sensible, and eating well so far. Would do more cardio, but knee hurts. Am off to do some weights right now ! So look out, next week's check in !! And I am going to join that thread (by Marcy I think) about all of my clothes being too big, too !

Time to throw out the remanants of the halloween candy !!

abigailsmom Guest

'Ok...,' she says as she enters the discussion with her head hanging low, 'I will confess what my week has been like."

He he!

I have had a record BAD week! Ugh! I have not been to the gym and I have not been eating healthily (is that a word?) I have excuses up the wazoo as to why, but I am not going down that road. We will just say 'Bad Robyn' for this week.

Monday- no exercise, low amount of food, but what I ate was crappy
    Tuesday- walked to and from class very briskly 20-30 minutes total, ditto on Monday's food
    Wednesday- no exercise, low amount of food, but what I ate was crappy
    Thursday- walked to and from class very briskly 20-30 minutes total, ditto on Monday's food
    Friday- one of my driving days :( no exercise and fast food for lunch and dinner YUCK!
    Saturday- no exercise, ok on food... decent amount and nothing to terribly bad
    Sunday- another driving day :( no exercise and all I had all day long was a grilled chicken taco salad, chips and salsa/guacamole

What a crap-tastic week. Can someone give me a virtual kick in the @ss? Ok so I will offer my excuses or you might just toss me out on my now bigger rear. ;) I have a raging sinus infection and I have been sad/sick/angry all week!

Oh well, I can start a new week now...

Robyn
    Who needs to have her @ss kicked for her crap-tastic health week

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yeah, I hear you. (hanging head in shame, thinking of tons of cotton candy that was devoured because I neglected to throw it away, and then didn't even fess up to scarfing down) SO, OK, I challenge you to do better this week. Last week is over, so let's be able to have something GOOD to report next week. At least 3 work outs, and no fast food. And next week, we will congradulate each other, and the rest of the mamas here who are doing great, and drink a glass of wine to celebrate being good.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Here is my check in. First ever!

-It was my last week of work so I was crazy busy.
    -I picked up the forms for rejoining the YMCA (stopped after my last m/c), will turn them in today. Since we are on 1 income, we qualify for a lower fee.
    -Once again, we sucessfully made dinner at home every night.
    -Went for walk with husband.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well - I did a some of my PT exercises. DD is way needy in the holding department so I am counting my slinging her every day as working out! As a result of slinging I'm doing alot of squats to pick stuff up! My first PT session is tomorrow for 30 min, YEAH!!! Eating wise so so, and I think due to making most of my meals vegetarian for DH I actually lost another lb!

1 more week till my 6 wks are up! I can't WAIT till my butt doesn't jiggle any more!

Here's to building up mental restraint for next week!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast