Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: didnt i see someone post......

we can all check in on the big thread, that way we can encourage others as well :) gotta keep on the pregnant woman ya know ;)

um, i believe that i still have your addy from the santa thing so i will send that out to you this week!
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

cool, thanks so much ! and let me know how much postage is, and I'll send you some paypal. I know it won't be much, but you shouldn't have to pay when you are the one doing a favor, you know ?!

I'm on South Beach.
    (Not that I don't cheat occasionally,
    but it has worked well for me.)

As for recipes, I get mine from this site:

Here's the forum:
    http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/index.php

Click on "Recipe and Food Area" and there are stickys at the top.
    One is called: "Recipe Summary"

It is a huge recipe index for the site, broken up by category.

There is another sticky for recipes using beans, and another one with all soups. I've found making a big pot of soup help me lose weight in so many ways: it's easy to re-heat, it's easy to make low-fat and low-carb, and I usually get a couple servings of veggies, which is sometimes hard for me to do on a typical day. I'm not too much of a veggie person (because I'm a really lazy cook) but soup really helps out with that.

Good luck on the beach!

thanks for the great link :)

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

lynn, i have been so lazy!!! i am just going to the po tomorrow :( i am so sorry about the delay. i just wanted to let you know that i am sending it still :)

oh, please ! I totally understand - whenever you can, when its not too much of a hassle !

and besides, it gives me a good excuse for not having started yet !!

maybe i'll get it after the back doctor see's me (tues) and clears me (hopefully) for exercise ! :)

Default thank you thank you thank you

I got the book today - thank you so much !!

I think I'll try to start it on the 30th of January, since I am going to visit my sister in Houston for this weekend (and mon and tues) and then it is my birthday later on next week, and I can't see dieting, as I'll already be bummed enough at the number !

So, after I do a 12 week challenge, I will send the book back (unless you need it sooner) and tell you how it worked.

Oops. Assuming my stupid back will let me exercise I'll start it on the 30th. If not, then within a few weeks.

I am going to go to bed and read it right now. Thanks again, and if you need it back sooner, please let me know.

Here's to a good rest of the week on south beach !

Default RE: thank you thank you thank you

Hey Lynnie...

Let me know how you like that Body for Life book. I did not follow that particular eating plan, but did work out very similar to the way it was suggested in the book. I found the workouts to be KEY for me. The weight training has totally reshaped me and I continue to get compliments all the time! ( I didn't belong to a gym, so did my own workouts at home, and then starting working out to Cathe also)

So I just want to say that if you stick with it, it really, really works! Hopefully your back will feel better and you can start soon. :)

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Default RE: thank you thank you thank you

keep it as long as you like. no need for it back really, now that i am on the beach :) you do have to let me know how you like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2