Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I am frustrated (loooong vent. feel free to ignore.)

I feel like my back will never get better and I'll never be able to get back to working out.

edited to shorten.

feel like a whiner and complainer.

any advice from the PT gurus ??

Default RE: I am frustrated (loooong vent. feel free to ignore.)

Hi Lynnie! Just wanted to offer support. I just saw your message today for the first time as this is my first time on all week.

I'm curious what types of things you've been doing in therapy, exercise wise...And refresh my memory on the specific diagnosis again?

I would love to help...(I am a PT, btw...:))

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

lynn, i read your post befor you shortened it and i wanted to respond then but i go sidetracked. i have no advice just that one day it has to get better, right??????? i would hope that you dont have this for the long haul :( have you asked your pt if there is anything that you can do at home to start out with? maybe just h 5 or 10 mins of something to start you out? i would say that the bfl is a little too much for right now on the exercise aspect. you are right, it does make for a good read :) hang in there, one of these days you will be back where you want to be!
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Thanks... and you are in FL too, right ?? Maybe we could plan a playdate and I'll harangue you with PT questions. What's a 4-5 hour drive anyway, ha ha.

I am actually sick with a sinus infection and feel too sick to even go into it much (my original post was long and whiny, and the way I feel now, it could get longer and whiny-er) so I will take you up on your kind offer when I do not feel like collapsing in a ball and hiding under my desk at work.

I hate being sick. I think I need to go home. anyway, thanks. Just the offer of support is so nice.

Thanks. Its funny how just a nice response can mean so much when you're feeling down. You're good at that - thanks !

Totally no pressure, but if you want you could pm me and then I could give you my number and we could talk over the phone. A conversation is so much easier sometimes!!

But of course no pressure...I did actually help out a relative of one of our fellow BBB members a good while back.

Hope you feel better! (I was sick earlier this week, totally sucked. Nothing like having to take care of two small kids when you can barely make it out of bed)

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lynnie - I never saw your unedited post, as I was out of commission with my own back troubles...hopefully we are both back on track ASAP, because this SUCKS.

Big hugs, gorgeous!
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

My sympathies are with you... I messed up my knee in September from a dance class. It was really hard to hear from the doctor that there was basically nothing they could do but let it recover naturally for 6 weeks. Its extremely hard to go from walking the dog every day and doing 3 hours of cardio a week at the gym to not being able to walk to the mailbox without being in massive pain. My dad has had back problems all of my life. If he doesn't do his 20 minutes of "back" exercises in the morning when he gets up, he has a hard time by suppertime. Has anyone suggested some stretching and stengthening exercise to you? I know he had help developing his routine from the PTs after his surgeries.

Keep your chin up... sometimes the only thing that gets exercised is our patience when we'd rather be doing something else.

MsKitty