JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Posting week 2/20

I had another good week. This past week ended a 5 week rotation I put together. It was emphasised in cardio and weight training for lower body doing an endurance type method with machines and some free weights. Here is my results, and I'm pretty happy:

I lost about 1.5 lbs - which is awesome since that wasn't the goal, I'm now under my prepregnancy weight - which is MORE than a surprise, last time it took me 6 months of working out (10 months post partum) to get to my prepregnancy weight! I lost .5 inch in the upper thighs (thank God!!!), .5" in my natural waist line, and .25" in the hips - I'm now at my previous messurement for hips! I still a little bit to go down in my stomach, and definately don't have my fourpack back - put all in due time, and it's something to inspire me to Another future goal is to get my endurance and stamina back so I can do longer runs that I was able to achieve in Dec 04 (5 mile runs). And because I kinda neglected my upper body in this rotation due to time, I want to emphasis that soon as well. My biggest accomplishment is being able to fit back into my FAV Banana Republic jeans!!! Their my "good butt" jeans IYKWIM!

This week I did:

Monday-Wednesday: nada

Thursday: lower body weights and eliptical on level 12, abs = 1 hour 15 min

Friday: elliptical, and 150 walking lunges, abs = 1 hour 10 min

Saturday: elliptical, abs = 50 mins

Sunday: lower body weights, abs = 45 min

Due to DH's busy schedule this month we opted to suspend our membership for the month of March. I'm way bummed cause I'm not sure how I'm gonna fit in my workouts now. DH says he'll watch the kids at home for me, but in a 1200 ft apartment it doesn't leave a lot of room for my son to play. I think I'll be running a lot this month to get that alone personal time working out has given me.

So a big move in our home was made this weekend, we moved DD into her crib in DS's room. I needed sleep bad, she moves a lot and I've been waking up 2-3 times a night to nurse, and in sleep limbo from like 5-6:30. (I'm hoping moving her will show me just how much she actually needs to nurse, sometimes I think I've reacted to quickly to nurse her cause she has woken me up - we'll see, 2x's is doable, 3 times sucks!) Needless to say I've been a crank so I"m hoping this works out. So far it seems promising! (PLEASE GOD, let me get off easy with this kiddo, K????!)

So that's me

Marcy - you are doing so awesome with your workouts! You encourage me a lot!

Petra - how is your back doing? I hope it's healing well.

Lynnie - is the brace helping any?

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Posting week 2/20

It's finally on the mend - I got up from a nap this afternoon, and it cracked into place. That's what, a month, it's been out of commission? I'm soooo happy. So while I've maintained or lost the past month, I can finally do something to make myself feel better.

It still hurts, but I can stand up straight, which is huge progress. Woo hoo!

Next week - watch out :)

Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

<<sometimes I think I've reacted to quickly to nurse her cause she has woken me up - we'll see, 2x's is doable, 3 times sucks!) >>

Julie, ITA! I found that I too reacted quickly when Julia was in our room too because I didn't want her to wake up DH. On an occasion or two, I put the paci in her mouth to calm her down so I could go to the bathroom first before nursing her, I'd come out and she'd be asleep. Anyway, I hope the room change works out and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Julia went from waking up 2 times a night at 4 months to all of the sudden sleeping through the night, so sending good vibes your way....:)

BTW, you are motivating to ME! congratulations on your accomplishments! :) :)

Petra, I'm so glad your back is feeling better!

My week started off slow, but I managed to get in three good workouts at the end of the week. It's weird, I'm really not watching my eating as much as I was, but I'm still losing a pound or two a month. I am now down a total of 28 pounds and am waaay lighter than I was before getting pregnant with Julia...and Sammy. I can't believe it! I haven't been at this low of a weight in over 10-12 years!!

Workouts for the week:
    Mon/Tues/Wed - no official workouts, lots of walking around neighborhood, stores, etc
    Thurs - Bike 40 mins
    Fri - Upper Body, Lower Body weight workout for about an hour, nonstop since I had very little time, my HR was way up there!
    Sat - Bike 40 minutes, ab workout
    Sun- rest

Hope everyone has a good week!

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Great job Marcy and Julie. I am very impressed, and hope to be where you are one of these days ! Marcy - I heard your message yesterday when I checked them for the first time in a while. Thanks, and I will take you up on your kind offer when I have a second !

Petra, so glad your back is on the mend.

Last week:

M: holiday. shopped too much and it hurt my back (gosh I sound like a loser there !!)
    T: nada
    W: PT learned a few more back exercises
    TH: nada
    F: PT, did 10 minutes on elliptical machine !!
    S: 30 minute walk on the beach, with brace and ipod and sun. :)
    S: walked and stood (and ate and drank) alot at south beach wine and food fest

The brace seems to be much better than the last one (wrong brand that doctor did not order) and I can feel that it is doing something. The knee was a little sore after the elipse, but nothing major. Slipping on the water on the floor in the bathroom at work was probably not the best thing for it ! But I didn't hit the ground, so what's a little twist and give ?

My PTs say to start doing the elipse more often now, (hooray) so I am going to join the gym where I go to PT, and try to make it there at least a couple times a week in addition to the three xs I go for PT. Its tough to squeeze in the time, though, cause I don't know if I would have enough time to just to work out at lunch, since its a 12 minute walk over there, and then more time to change, and then I'd be sweaty, but going later, after work, makes me feel guilty because I hate to make the kids' day longer in daycare/school, but if I go from 4:10-4:40, I can get the kids out by a little before 5, which isn't too bad. And conceivably I could ask DH to take them to school (on the rare occasions when he is in town) and I could make it to the gym at 7, get a half hour in, then shower and get ready there.

The back is still stiff, often sore, but at least not unbearable anymore. so that's a plus.

And I am going to check out tennis lessons for my older son, and am workign towards taking some myself, since its been years since I've played and the knee doc gave me clearance to play tennis (on clay). Of course, he doesn't know what a competitive lunatic I am when I play any sport... I seriously only give my "fragment of an ACL" a 30% chance of holding up, but maybe I'm wrong. hope so. I just can't continue to do nothing, so I'll do my best to take it easy and do stuff gradually.

Hi Lynnie, good job on your week, hopefully you're getting better. Sounds like the South Beach Food And Wine fest was a no miss event. I love good food, and South Beach!

Oh, I used to play tennis too. Last time I played I was 5 months pregnant with #1 and the temp went from like 70-90 in a matter of two hours. Suffice to say, my 6-2 lead in the first set went to 0-4 in the next set before I had to stop. HR was waaay up there! (hate the heat) I didn't want to stop since I am somewhat competitive too, but I figured I didn't want to overheat myself or the little fetus. I know what you mean about the ACL but hopefully it'll be fine! I find that when I play and actually play with correct form, and really pay attention to what I'm doing, my knees are fine. It's when I get lazy, screw off, or whatever that I feel it in my knees. I think it's all about getting your feet in the right spot before smashing the ball...

Call me anytime you'd like...:)

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lynnie what does your DH do that keeps him away so much? I know how hard it can be when your in charge of the house by yourself. I'm glad your pt is letting you do more! :)