Default Posting week 2/27....

The week started out great as I got an awesome workout in on monday, and then fizzled. Not one of my better weeks, but still got in two workouts, if you count softball as a workout.

My eating was okay, and unfortunately we went strawberry picking on sunday and with 4 pounds of strawberries I just HAD to make some good treats! Well at least Strawberry Chiffon pie and the Frosty Strawberry frozen bars I made are high in vitamin C! Now if only I could limit myself to one serving....

Workouts:
    Mon- 40 minute bike, abs workout
    Tues - rest
    Wed - softball (got lots of running/sprinting in) and abs workout afterward
    Thurs - Sunday - other than occasional walking, no formal exercise at all :(

I WILL get back in gear this week. I have 6 weddings coming up and want to keep working on those weights so I look like a sexy mama!

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Posting week 2/27....

Well it's a quick and short check in here. My DH is back on call this month, so last week I didn't get in any workouts in. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit them in. Hopefully I'll get in a couple this week.

Miriam is doing GREAT in her crib. She is going down about 8:00 every night. She is having sleep periods anywhere from 4-6 hours at a time! I'm waking up 1-2 times a night to feed her, MUCH MUCH better than 3 or more! I'm starting to feel a little more refreshed but I think it'll take a few weeks of good sleep for me to feel really back on my toes.

Here's to a great week

Marcy ~ sometimes you just have to say it's one of those weeks, I refuse to feel guilty when I know I do my best and get in workouts most of the time, life sometimes just get's in the way. Btw 6 weddings is a LOT of weddings, does that mean you need 6 new outfits ;)

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a half decent week last week, finally!

I went for several long walks, trying to get myself going again. My upper back gets very sore very fast, but less sore each time. Last week I got in 3 long walks...definitely an improvement over just laying on the couch most of the day.

I'm not worrying about nutrition until I am back to normal...but I'm getting there.

I did have a mystery stomach bug over the weekend, and lost several pounds in one fell swoop...bad because stomach bugs suck, but good because I lost some weight I can hopefully keep off...
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had an ok week, relatively speaking.

Wrote a long post yesterday, but deleted it by accident. oops.

Last week, in addition to the three days of PT, during which I did the eliptical, I managed to power walk on saturday and sunday. And I did some exercises at home. So, I am proud that I am making progress, slowly but surely.

This morning when I was getting dressed, DH (who just got back into town after being gone a couple days - he works at a university, running an environmental research center) asked if I had been working out, and said it looked like it. So that was pretty inspiring. Much more so than any negative comments he could make about my eating, so I'll have to try to get that through his sometimes thick skull !! funny how positive reinforcement is so much better than negative !

At PT, I am going to start working out doing the eliptical and exercises at least one of the days, and work to two, so I'll just have the hands on one day a week. I am very excited about that.

Last night I was inspired to finally try my cathe tape that I got a couple months ago, but after 20 minutes of searching, could not find it. I took it as a sign that I was not ready !

Am going on vacation (to Paris !!) in a couple weeks, so I am going to try cut down the junk food again, so that I can eat whatever the heck I want over there without any guilt. Cause you know I will be eating well - may as well do it guilt free !

Petra, I am so glad your back is starting to get better. I so feel your pain ! Julie, isn't sleep the best ??!! And I am hopefully going to win some of your Cathe stuff.. hope I do, and that I don't lose it ! And, Marcy, your week still looks pretty impressive to me ! And, I didn't realize it was strawberry season, think I'll have to pack the boys in the car this weekend.

edited to add: I won the cathe tape(dvd) auction on ebay ! And went crazy and bid on another. not going back till its over, need to stop the madness now! but I am excited to try it, and hope I'll have good news to report after using it awhile !

Paris, how awesome! Have no fear....French Women Do Not Get Fat, at least according to the book anyway, LOL. GLad to hear PT is going better!

Marcy

Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just wanted to check in. I have moved to an odd location to get to the Y I joined and things are crazy with school and life in general so I have not been going :(. However, I am getting TONS of walking in with Toby. Most importantly, I am eating normally 100% of the time now. Goal: go and transfer my Y membership to the closer location so I can get there!

If I don't check in often, don't worry. I promise that I am eating and still working on health!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just wanted to check in. I have moved to an odd location to get to the Y I joined and things are crazy with school and life in general so I have not been going :(. However, I am getting TONS of walking in with Toby. Most importantly, I am eating normally 100% of the time now. Goal: go and transfer my Y membership to the closer location so I can get there!

If I don't check in often, don't worry. I promise that I am eating and still working on health!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.