psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Week of 3/13 Check-in

Last week was okay for me. It rained all week, so we didn't go for any planned walks, which is the only exercise I think my back is up to.

It's still troubling me, but I'm working it slowly, with lots of stretching and movement.

Nutrition was not bad. I have had gastric upset in varying forms for a few weeks now, probably my IBS acting up as a result of all the stress from the past four months, but I'm taking care of it as best I can.

I really do hope I'm up to doing something active soon...I miss the endorphin rush something fierce!

ETA: Marcy, you're a PT, right? Would you know anything about if my back being out so badly would have anything to do with my recent stomach problems? What about AF-related things, like monster cramps but nothing else since my back went out in late January? TIA!
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Week of 3/13 Check-in

Petra sounds like you are healing up, even if it's slowly. I hope your back to roaring woman soon!

Well my week ended up better - but not what I want it to be:

Two workouts:

Gym Style Legs, Cathe: 1 hour

Kick Punch & Crunch, Cathe 60, 7 min abs: 1 hour 7 min (to be exact ;) )

I'm hoping to get at least two a week the next two weeks, then we are getting our gym membership back (YEAH!!!) It's just to hard to schedule all my workouts at home right now - all in time.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, I did ok. The weekend was great - I walked for miles, with the brace.

Petra, I am so sorry to hear your back is still giving you trouble. Mine is still stiff and sore, but is so much better (not well, but better, and I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, finally)- so just know that there is hope. It just took a loooooooooong time. I wouldn't know about any of the other stuff, but I hope you are improving more and more every day.

Julie - I got the Cathe stuff and am intimidated by it !! But, I am going to just take it on my own pace and take it easy so I don't reinjure (or aggravate) the old back or neck. (I really did used to be a jock, honest. I don't know what happened !! All those years of taking abuse on the soccer field must have caught up to me).

This week I have been drinking more water, but I have not quite stepped up to the plate for the exercise challenge yet. I did do 15 minutes on the elipse at PT on monday and it was great ! But, since DH and I are leaving for Paris on saturday, I doubt the exercise challenge thingy is going to happen. My exercise there will be bringing a croissant to my lips, biting it, and chewing. mmmmmm.

Hope everyone has a great week ! Au revoir !

I'm getting on the ball with WW - Petra, thanks for your old posts to the WWCalc downloads for my Palm - that's been such a huge help once I figured out how to work it.

It's been so easy to stay within the points that I'm a little worried that I'm calculating them wrong. I feel skinnier already although the scale doesn't agree.

We were at SILs over the weekend, definitely no exercise going on there, plus their house was chockfull of junk food. This was actually a good thing as it somewhat horrified me how much crap they keep around (and in large costco quantities) so I was able to abstain (and frankly felt a little too virtuous). I was able to get in two step workouts this week, though, so that's good.

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Wow, I missed a week of checking in.

I was sick and run down so didn't get any workouts in, hope next week is better.

Petra, I know you got my e-mail, and I am thinking of you. Hope you're feeling better.

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Wow, I missed a week of checking in.

I was sick and run down so didn't get any workouts in, hope next week is better.

Petra, I know you got my e-mail, and I am thinking of you. Hope you're feeling better.

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009