Thread: WW question

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default WW question

I'm hoping some of you can help me out - my mom started WW again last week and i am really happy for her and want to be supportive. she and my dad are coming for a week-long visit next week and i am wondering what kinds of foods are good to have in the house. i'm afraid to discuss it with her because i don't want to push too much and she's notorious about not stating her needs anyway.

any suggestions?

since i've been trying to cut back myself, ice cream, cookies, etc. have already been purged from our house!

thanks,
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: WW question

Fill the house with fresh fruits and veggies, and have a lot of soup on hand. Those are my WW staples, and even when I've fallen off the wagon having them around is a good influence.

No matter what you have in the house, your mother should be able to make it meet her allowed points, but it makes it a ton easier when the place you're going is ready to meet your needs.

Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

In addition to tons of fruits and veggies, consider cottage cheese, low or nonfat yogurt and lots of chicken for meals.

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

If you want to cook her a meal, check out the WW website. There are tons of great recipes on there. Shrimp are low in points and make a really nice meal if that is an option.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lobster is also a great option for meals - incredibly low in points if you don't go overboard on butter.

Also, sushi is awesome for WW.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am not a big fan of Applebee's, but they have a partnership with WW if you go out to eat. They have a menu that lists the points values of each item.

Does she have a sweet tooth? When I do WW I like the Jello pudding snacks (sugar free) to get rid of my chocolate cravings! Also the 'skinny cow' brand of ice cream sandwiches are to die for. They are expensive but worth it!
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!