Thread: check in 4/2/06

cca is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default check in 4/2/06

so far so good. I'm making it to curves every morning (mon-fri) after dropping off dd at daycare and before going to work. since its "just" 30 minutes it's not an overwhelming amount of time and I get it out of the way first thing in the morning.

i haven't weighed myself yet but after two weeks i'm definitely feeling more toned.

will keep checking in.

-chetna

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: check in 4/2/06

I had a pretty good week. I did a bit of walking, but not too much, every day except for Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, DS and I went for a long walk with my gf and her kids, and even though we stopped for coffee, and had liberal snacks, it was about 2 hours worth of activity for me. Friday we did nothing, I was resting my back and waiting for phone calls...how I hate that.

On the weekend, it was also good stuff. DH, DS, and I went for a jaunt on Saturday morning that included a short walk in the rain at the beach, and then a trip to Wal-mart to buy DS some rubber boots (puddles are magnetic, it seems). Sunday was even better - we went to a local beach, near the airport, that has a 4km jetty you can walk on. The plan was go to a complete round trip, but my back got really tight about halfway through, so we turned around. A 4km walk instead of an 8km walk - not bad at all.

Nutrition was tough...my stomach is still acting funny, so I'm eating whatever makes me feel like eating, and hoping for the best.

Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Well I am doing something I should have long ago. I am joining in with you guys. I am working on getting onto a better track with my life and my health! Learning to live like each day might be your last, but not eating that way type of thing. :-) So my goals for the week are to work out everyday (I started tonight, lol, and managed to complete the bit I was planning) and to drink enough water everyday.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kathe - WELCOME! :) So glad to see you around! Hey it's that first step that starts the race!

Well I got in one workout over the weekend, cause... WE GOT OUR MEMBERSHIP BACK!!! :) :) :) So I did the elliptical for 30 min and ran 1 mile :)

Well, I had a dental procedure done Friday AM which pretty much knocked me out for the weekend and I wasn't able to work out at all. Then Saturday night we had a fondue party so I consumed something like two days worth of points in one evening - sigh! Here's hoping that stuff Elena posted about increasing calories = increased metabolism is true. But I made it to step class two days last week before the surgery. I think I lost one pound last week (that was before the fondue :)) but I'm feeling skinnier, which is nice.

Have been staying within my points every day, sort of thought the weight would come off faster but I guess it's a lifestyle thing not the quickie loss that matters, right?

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

chiqanita Guest

I am walking with the boys in their BOB every day for 30 minutes at least.
    I have been great with junk food but not so good with soda pop.
    I'm drinking water but I have to drink more, I know.
    I'm not eating late meals as often, poor DH he's eating alone at 7 pm these days.

I'm still holding at 7 pounds lost but have high hopes for this week's weigh in...I've been bloated iykwim and its bound to show on the scale. My clothes are fitting better.

My new goal: building up courage to wear a swimsuit again, haven't in 2 years! We want to take the boys swimming this summer!

Hang in there ladies!

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

you know, I kept thinking "what if..." when you kept mentioning your stomach, but didn't want to say anything, especially after your rough time a while back.

So, CONGRATS !! Looks like you weren't resting that back completely all this time.... :)

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Started membership at gym last week! :)

Only got in two workouts, 1 cardio, 1 weights for legs: but instead of working out this past weekend DS spent the night w/the grandparents and DH & I (oh and Miriam too LOL) had a date night/day! It was great and very nice! This week is going well already - ger have to get ready for swim season too!

AND PETRA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! YOU SURE ARE SNEAKY! I'M SO GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL!!!