Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Has anyone used Trim Spa?

I can't get rid of the last 10-12lbs of baby weight & was curious about Trim Spa. Costco has a bottle of 180 tabs for $40.00. I don't know if I can take it while nursing though, but afterwards I'm wondering if I should get some. Has anyone taken it or heard anything about it? Good? Bad?
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Has anyone used Trim Spa?

i heard a rumor about a problem with it and a possible recall, but i am not positive. i am really against taking pills and such so i would say no i wouldnt take it. i hope someone else here can chime in on what i may have heard about them taking it off the shelfs.
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

MayB Guest

I haven't and wouldn't. The possible unknown side effects scare me way too much. I still remember everyone embracing Phen/Fen(not sure of the spelling) for miracle weight loss a few years ago then the news reports about links to heart attacks came out.

From your post, you're still breastfeeding; if that's the case, your body may want you to hang on to the last 10 or so pounds of fat reserves. I can remember a number of posts from other members who experienced the same thing. My problem came after breastfeeding. After I quit, all those pounds that melted off came back on and then some.

I'm also 10 - 15 pounds from where I want to be, but WW has worked well for me so far. The new Glamour, the choosing a swimsuit issue, has a page of ideas for dropping the last 10 pounds, one of them might work for you. Good luck.

Hmmm, I googled it & found a bunch of articles. Didn't see anything about a recall. This one I thought was pretty good, though by no means scientific or backed by any doctors. I don't know, I may try it once I'm done breastfeeding.

http://www.newstarget.com/005112.html
    ~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

i cant remember for the life of me who was talking about it but it was on tv that i heard it if i believe right. on some sort of news show. ugh i hate having bad mommy brain issues :)

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Thanks Becky...I'll keep looking cause I've certainly got a little time before I'm ready to try it. Though, from the ingredient list it doesn't sound bad. Hey, anything with chocolate in it's got to be a good thing right?! lol ;) Plus I'd think if it were recalled there's no way Costco would sell it...at least I'd hope they wouldn't!
    ~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

you know what, i was talking to my mom and what it was is i guess there was a complaint about it causing something in someone(where is that little smily that rolls its eyes). from what she remembered of the story that they are researching it and if it does indeed cause this problem then it would be taken off the market.

see what i mean about my horrible mommy brain :)

Default Fat burning pills r a temporary quick fix at best... a total scam at worst

If I were you, I'd hold off on buying those Trim Spa pills. For one, I don't like my medications sitting around unused. I prefer even my pills fresh ;). Who knows what kind of facts might get uncovered about Trim Spa during the time that you'll be nursing. Also, it sounds too good to be true so I tend to not believe it.

I've started exercising at home recently, and also did some research online. Even though I exercise for just a few minutes here and there I can already see encouraging if small results. Maybe some of the things that I found would help you. I just cut and pasted some things below for you. It sounds basic but makes sense to me. Hope it helps you.

The fundamentals of fat loss include:

(1) Do your cardio
    (2) Lift weights
    (3) Burn more calories than you consume
    (4) Eat 5-6 small, frequent meals and never skip meals
    (5) Keep your fat intake low, but include small amounts of good fats
    (6) Eat natural foods; avoid processed & refined foods
    (7) eat more complex carbs, fruits & vegetables
    (8) eat lean proteins with each meal
    (9) Think positive: visualize yourself as you would like to be

If you're not doing all these things, and you're looking for the perfect supplement stack or the optimum periodization plan, I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree.

I don't want you to think that details don't matter - they do. The "Law of Accumulation" states that every success is a matter of hundreds or even thousands of tiny efforts that often go unnoticed or unappreciated. Everything counts. Everything either helps or hurts. Nothing is neutral.

Here's a link http://www.ironmagazine.com/article178.html for the full article from which I copied the above quote. After reading this and some other articles I decided to buy dumbbells, it's on my to-do list for this week. If you do decide to join a gym, stay away from "the circuit". ultimately the weight machines are NOT as safe as free weights because they don’t develop the stabilizing muscles and functional strength that protect you from injury. This article http://stephenholtfitness.com/articl..._your_rear.htm together with a bunch of other ones was an eye opener for me. Focusing on compound and free weight exercises gives you far more bang for your buck than any machine ever created.

Sorry for writing a novel ;), just wanted to share some of my new (as in the last couple weeks) found knowledge.

ETA: I could not help but add a link another article http://www.ironmagazine.com/article164.html by the same fitness expert, it's just about what you've asked
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi,

I just lurk here, but want to chime in and say that I am taking several supplements that really kick-started my weight loss. I've been seeing a Nutritional Oncologist (no, I don't have cancer) and he said that my body was in "last fertile female on earth mode". Some of the things he gave me are:

Ester Carnitine
    5-HTP (take it after dinner to curb the evening munchies)
    Chromium (though not taking it anymore)--to eat before lunch and dinner to curb sweet tooth

I'm also taking
    7-keto DHEA
    HS Fighters
    but those, combined with 5-HTP are for my mood
    and ZMA for restful sleep

I am amazed that I have lost a ton of weight, my sweet cravings are completely gone, and I've finally been able to get off of wheat (which I've needed to for a long time, since I'm gluten intolerant)

I'm nursing--and my doctor says that these supplements and nursing are safe.

HTH!
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

cca is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I don't know of any scientific reasons for not taking it. But I do know that Anna Nicole Smith took it to loose weight. It seems to have worked BUT she's not so bright and I would hate to think that I would make any of the same decisions that she does : )

-chetna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast