Default Sometimes I hate this kind of motivation...

We went to an amusement park today. If you are heavy you know how hard that can be. We had a good time, even a great time! I don't let my size stop me from going on the rides with my kids because I don't want them to have the fat mom who can't do that stuff. But they take pictures on like every ride. So you get off and go see them. And there I am looking painfully huge next to my little kids and everyone else. :-( So frustrating. If the pics of them had come out even semi decent I would have purchased one just as a daily reminder. But we left and I decided that by Easter I am going to be on a plan. Not just the more excercising. Not just the more water. A plan of healthier eating! If there is a non-surgical way to do this, I want it to change. I know most of the mamas here are looking at loosing a lot less than I am, but I also no that this is one of the few supportive places I can say this. I kind of wish it weren't a public forum, but hey. I guess it is for the benefit of other moms in my boat to see it. Just kind of an embarassing bummer iykwim.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Sometimes I hate this kind of motivation...

Good luck. Its hard work, but people can do it, and people here have done it, so I know you can too!

Although I am fortunate that I don't have as much to lose, I know what you mean about bad kinds of motivation. I was just asked by my boss when I was going to start working out again. We were walking across the courtyard at each other (I was going to get coffee, he was going to the office) and he watched me approach, sort of looked me up and down, then asked me that question. Gee, thanks, boss. I KNOW I have gained some weight back (can't change my ticker cause I forgot my password...) but don't exactly need comments on it. But, it is motivating I guess. In a bad way, though. :(

MayB Guest

I hear you completely. Although I'm relatively close to my goal weight now, it's been a long battle. (Even writing that sentence, I'm afraid I'm sabotaging myself somehow). I've lost almost 30 pounds since I started following WW, so by the time I'm at my goal weight, I'll have lost almost 50 pounds. I know the feeling of hating myself in photographs, even avoiding cameras and also of dreading the once over that Lynnie was referring to (thankfully never from my boss).

That being said, I know you can do it. If you have decided to do WW, especially the points, feel free to email me or post questions here. I've found quite a few good, low point foods that I actually enjoy eating. I'm trying to get into a more systematic exercies plan now. Good luck!

I've been there too. My moment of breakthrough came on a ski trip in 2001. I had never been skiing before and was really excited to try. I had a really difficult time on the slopes and twisted my knee. When I got home and saw the photos from the trip it sent me over the edge. The way I looked combined with my physical difficulties sent me looking for something to help get the weight off. My sister was also engaged at the time to be married in 6 months so I had those photos coming up too. So I know exactly what you mean!

My Mom had been doing WW for a few months and was having great success so I thought I'd give it a try. It took me a year to loose 50 pounds and reach my goal weight. I felt awesome! Even when I was 9 months pregnant I was not as heavy as I was at my first WW meeting. Another plus during that time was my sister broke her engagement and lost that looser! My Mom did great too though she is in weight loss mode right now but I know she will get back to goal.

Maybe this is the turning point you need? I let myself get heavier and heavier for years before doing something. I self medicated with food because I was unhappy with so many things in my life. This was before my two boys.

Kath, you sound so ready to make this change. Find the lifestyle that is right for you and go for it!

Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kath - we've all had this moment in some way or another. It's not a good feeling knowing you need to lose weight, and then getting that message in a shock moment. Just remember you are in control and you CAN make these changes - for you, for your family. As long as you stick to a healthier life style it WILL work and you'll get to your healthy weight!

Default Thank you for your support...

I am finding myself ready lately, and I drag my feet on everything!!! It is so good to have support from people who are facing the weight loss battle and winning. :-) As I look at all the negative experiences we each face I am reminded of what a sisterhood this can be. All facing different (experience, pounds to lose, etc) but the same battles, iykwim.

Easter is going to be a travel day so hopefully I won't be eating gobs of food. ;-) The hard part will be the next few days. I am going to take a look at my moms WW stuff since she just started the current program. I ate a healthy breakfast this morning. And, lol, the kids and I are going for a walk today- to the bakery (their hugest treat while they are here) but I am not going to get anything there, and to go "window shopping". I haven't looked to see if moms exercise equipment is available or being used as her portable closet. ;-) Hopefully it is available for use. :-)

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Everyone, I too am in the same boat. After having my daughter I was back to my slim self. Then, I returned to work, found that my job was not as busy or rewarding as before and I started gaining weight. Add to this that I seem to be always busy and never take time for myself. Fast forward almost a year and half later, I am now up at least 50 pounds and I can't seem to get movitated to get my butt out of bed in the morning to work out.

I think I have had some small wake up moments. Last summer when a close friend asked me if I had anything exciting to tell her (thinking I was pregnant), my clothes no longer fitting at all, and this past week a good friend who shared her good news of her pregnancy then asking me when I was due. She thought I was about four months along.

All of this should be reason enough for me to cut out the sodas and drink water. It should be enough to motivate me that I don't need any snacks. Also, my brother's wedding this fall when I will be standing next to bridesmaids that are a size 2. But, I haven't gotten there yet.

I think what I need is someone to push me. I need someone other than myself to hold me accountable for eating healthy and working out. That is what I am looking for. I am not looking to be a size 4 or anything. I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself again.

I think that is what we all want. We don't have to be size 2 people. But, we want to feel comfortable in our own skin. That effects everything we do.

Angela

Chelsie Lea 7/9/2004
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040709/3/0/1/+10/.png
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif

ribbit1019 Guest

Ugh I hear you, I am going to an amusement park at the end of May and I really fear that I will not be able to ride anything. There were a couple of questionable ones last time I went pre-babies and now I weigh about 25 more than I did then.
    I know I have to do something, and soon!!

Christy
    My Waterbabies
    Maddy born 6/9/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    and
    Jarred born 3/8/06
    http://b1.lilypie.com/KH1pm5/.png
    Co-Owner Ribbit Baby