Default 3/28- How is everyone doing???

I am okay. Still doing WW flex. Lots of down weeks, a few up. This week is up .8 :-( Altogether I am done a little more than 23. Hopefully I will reach my first mini goal of 30 lbs by my birthday in May. That said I will still have lots to go. Need to get more fresh fruit and veggies in between now and then though. ;-)

How are you doing?
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: 3/28- How is everyone doing???

um, should i answer that before or after i eat this spoonful of cheesecake ??

sigh.

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm doing well. I'm still doing 6 Week Body Makeover (started 3/05/07) and I am officially down 20 lbs. now. I'm super excited about that. The eating is going okay. I'm not in love with what I get to eat but I'm not hungry. I am doing approx. 45 mins. of cardio 5-7 times a week but I haven't been able to motivate myself to do any weights/toning. I hope to get that started in the next week.

Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

ok, so have you lost all twenty pounds in the approximately four weeks you have been doing this thing ??

if so, wow.

if not, wow anyway, that is great.

darn these office birthdays...

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about myself...for a change...

Yes. It's very limited ....er...."aggressive". :) I am a complete and total junk food junkie and no one is more surprised than I that I have been able to stick to this....for the most part. I need that external motivation from my scale showing a good loss quickly to keep me going. Also, I have A LOT to lose. It's an embarassing amount so that helps it to drop quickly in the beginning.

Yeah, office birthdays would be hard....sorry......
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't been doing weekly updates, but will post with some of the things that are going on in my health quest.

DH and I joined a gym at the beginnigng of Feb. It has great, free childcare. My playgroup friends all are members there too. I've been exploring the classes and have found a weight class and an aerobic class (Zumba!) that I really like.

I was wretchedly sick for a couple weeks and couldn't work out, but I did get back into it when I started to feel better. I need to work on finding the right intensity levels and/or stretching because I get VERY SORE after some classes.

Working on coming up with a good weekly routine of going to the gym. I have two days of the week that I go for my favorite classes, trying to work out a regular schedule for other days of the week.

I'm eating anything I want and haven't lost any weight, although I am slimmer, dropped a pants size, which is nice. I need more time and money to shop for clothes that fit better.

The childcare gym thing is really awesome. It's nice to get "me" time and know that the kids are being well taken care of. My 2.5 year old gets to socialize with other kids.

I have never been good at eating right and exercising AT THE SAME TIME. Right now, I've got the exercising thing going well, but the food is not good at all. I hope when I get in a good exercise routine, I can put that on autopilot and try to add eating well. Especially in summer when it seems like a natural to eat lighter.

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.