Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    celfsh Guest

Default Oh, why did I wait until Colleen went on vacation to decide to try CDing?

So I stewed and stewed about it and finally decided to give CDs a shot...you CDing mommies just sounded like you were all having way too much fun! Anyway, of course I waited around to order until Colleen went on vacation (just had to order from her based on everyone's raves), and now I have to wait a week for my stuff to ship! Poor me...now that I've finally made up my mind, I want to get started right away!

I can't tell you how excited (albeit overwhelmed) I am--even DH is being supportive, which is funny because he is SUCH a germophobe (think Jerry on Seinfeld) and practically has a panic attack every time he changes DD! I think the thing that swayed him was when I mentioned that his mom would probably think it was totally weird...suddenly, he was completely onboard. LOL!

Anyway, that made me wonder--what do all your moms and MILs think about your decision to CD? Just curious.

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02
    http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Oh, why did I wait until Colleen went on vacation to decide to try CDing?

My MIL doesn't know, and probably won't ever know - she sees Colin maybe twice a year and "doesn't do diapers."

My mom thinks its kinda cool, especially because the diapers and stuff are so fun and cute (even the plain ones) compared to what she had to use on me 30 years ago!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

nathansmom Guest

Default RE: Oh, why did I wait until Colleen went on vacation to decide to try CDing?

My mom thinks I'm nuts to try them. She thinks nowdays no one should use cloth diapers, that they are a thing of the past. She has stated that if is going to watch Nathan she wants disposable diapers.

KathyO Guest

My mom CD'ed with us, but the old-fashioned hard way, with square gauze diapers that had to be folded and pinned just right so they don't leak or fall around the kid's ankles! She gave me a package of square gauze diapers when I told her I was checking out CDs... I think she was a little nonplussed when I went with these fancy-dancy Motherease Sandies instead, but after a couple of changings, she was a convert! Now she'll call and ask to borrow one because she wants to show it to one of her friends...

Cheers,

KathyO

parkersmama Guest

Well, I haven't worked up the courage to tell my MIL yet (no doubt she'll think I've lost my mind!) but my mom thinks it's cool. Mostly for environmental reasons, I believe. My brother & SIL just had a baby in February and they are using them, too, so she's already had a taste of what they are like. Of course, tons better than when she used them on us!!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I must be odd-woman out. My mom was so supportive of my decision to use CDs. She used CDs w/ all of us, including my sister who was born in 1989. My MIL also used CDs with her kids, but the youngest was born in 1973, so it was slightly different. My MIL babysat on Sunday and although I gave her the option to use a disposable, I was impressed that she did put an AIO on Nate when she changed him!
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My mom thinks I'm crazy, but she's trying really hard not to show it. I think I'm slowly winning her over. :) My MIL is another story. This is the woman who had a fit when she found out I was going to use disposables and annouced that she "can't hold babies who wear disposable diapers." (She has been able to hold Colin on many occasions for the first 9 months of his life. Don't know how she managed it!) So when I told her I was switching, I had braced myself for an "I told you so" experience. Well, she took one look at my stash, announced that they certainly weren't like the cloth diapers SHE had used, and that was it! I really don't think she liked them any better than the disposables I'd been using! Oh well- at least she kept her mouth shut for the most part.

todzwife Guest

I haven't told my mother yet. I asked her what she thought of cloth diapering "in general" and her (very mature) comment was "ewww yuck!" LOL! Since I am only 22, and the OLDEST of 7, she used sposies on all of us. MIL was a different story though. She used cloth, and I actually will probably tell her first. :)
    Shandelle ;)

celfsh Guest

A family of 7, huh? Cool--I am the 6th of 8!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02
    http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OMG! That video on your site is so cute! You must have a digital camcorder, right?

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast