Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Popular trim fitting fitted CD's?

What are some trim-fitting fitted CD's people like using?

I am currently using Kissaluvs, but find them to be a bit bulky on my 8-week old. Otherwise, they are ok.

Appreciate the input,
    Cheryl :)
    Mom to Liam 1/24/03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Popular trim fitting fitted CD's?

The trimmest things I have tied are:

1) a CPF with a Snappi using the bikini twist and a very trim cover like a Bummis

2) a pocket diaper (like a Fuzzibunz) with a hemp insert

Both are pretty trim. The Fuzzibunz is as trim as a disposable.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Thanks for bearing with all my questions. One more: what other pocket CD's exist besides Fuzzibunz? I will do a search, but am interested in hearing what other people like using, especially ones that are not as expensive.

Thanks again,

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Others I have seen recommended are Happy Heinies (~$13.50) and Zootkitty (~$12.50). I haven't tried either. All pocket CDs are in approximately the same price range. I would go with what fits your babe.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I love Crickett's hemp!! They are pretty trim considering how absorbent they are (I don't need a doubler with these), and the elastic is a little snugger than most of the fitteds, good for skinnier babies. For a younger baby, you can use them without the soaker.

Fuzzibunz are trim but just aren't working for my little guy - red marks on the legs and they just don't stuff right (we need all the absorbency in the front).

The best price I found on the Crickett's was at www.juliesstuff.com.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Hi Lori -
    Thanks for responding. How is the rise on Crickett's dipes are they as low on your son as Kissaluvs?

Thanks again,

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Cheryl,

I haven't tried Kissaluvs (although the one I ordered should be here next week) But I don't consider the rise on Crickett's to be low - they come up to his belly button, and he is long.

Neve - yes, Julie is lower than Crickett on Crickett's dipes! I'd suggest waiting until you see Tristan's body type - if he is a chubbier baby, they might not fit him as well. The leg elastic is snugger than most dipes.

Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mama2be Guest

I think he is going to be long and on the trim side...his cheeks are huge!!! but I don't think he is chubby (yet he weighs a lot). He might be solid but he doesn't appear chubby, his legs appear very long and he has calves.... (I don't know what to compare it to though)...:)...

mama2be Guest

Lori,

Cricketts is local here in Chapel Hill does she not have the best prices on her own products???? I want to purchase some based on your recommendation...

I think I want to wait for my investment once Tristan weighs about 12lbs so that I can stay in them. I plan on using PFs till then...Just trying to save mula!!!

Neve,

Crickett's dipes are great! BUT...since we are in NC, we get slammed with tax and shipping...and then tax on the shipping! So for one dipe, you will pay $17 or so. It is the same if you win one of her auctions on ebay. I love her dipes and use them for Matthew at night. I want to get more but I think that I will order from Kelly's closet www.kellyscloset.com for those since her prices include shipping and there is no tax.

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast